- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Oshawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
DRUHC recognizes the dignity and potential of each person. We offer an employment culture where a positive attitude and commitment to continuous improvement are highly valued and considered the foundation of our decision making, work practices and success of the organization. We hope you will become and continue to be a valuable and integral member of our team.
Manage; Oshawa: Resources & Information: Youth Job Connection / Youth Job Connection Summer programs; Oshawa & Pickering; Job Development; Canada Ontario Job Grant under Employment Ontario – Employment Service Programs and together with other program manager all other Oshawa staff.
Participate along with the Executive Director in Human Resource functions for DRUHC including: recruitment and selection, training and development, organizational development, human resource planning, new employee orientation, performance management and carry out staff disciplinary programs as required. Ensure compliance with all employment legislation, program guidelines and agreements.
Collaborate with Executive Director and site managers to develop and execute strategic plans to ensure DRUHC goals and objectives are achieved.
- Provide guidance, instruction, and management of youth and employment specialists program staff to ensure all program targets are met in compliance with program guidelines and within allocated flow through budgets
- Conduct regular performance and file reviews (no less than 3-files per staff twice a year) to ensure files contain required documentation, demonstration of meeting MLTSD expectations and rationale for service and allocation of funding dollars
- Review all YJC/S and JMPI files prior to closure in CaMS
- Review daily EOPG website for updates daily and inform Executive Director of matters impacting DRUHC operations and future planning
- Coordinate and facilitate orientation of new staff ensuring all training requirements are met (e.g. MOL – 4 Steps Awareness training, AODA training, health and safety awareness training program) and required documentation is completed for personnel file, following the agency orientation process manual and checklist.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process of new staff in a timely and effective manner, including: résumé screening, testing, developing position specific interview questions, conducting interviews of candidates, reference checks, collaborate with Executive Director in final selection decision, and orientation documentation.
- Identify staff training and development requirements to ensure competency and job responsibilities are achieved.
- Allocate work assignments, as required.
- Approve scheduling for sick leave/vacation requests, ensure operations, services and programs are maintained at all times.
- Manage employee relations, promote harmonious work environment, address, investigate and resolve areas of concern or conflict, and take appropriate action, as required
- Ensure assigned programs are operating according to established standards/approved contracts and monitor program deliverables. Collaborating with Executive Director, implement new programs and strategies within established time frames.
- Ensure relevant Oshawa EO program reports are submitted on a timely basis, prepare Interim and Final Reports and collaborate on annual business plan for programs with the Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director with proposal writing, policy and procedural development, statistical analysis and the purchase of capital/supplies.
- In the absence of the Executive Director assumes responsibility for the personnel and operations of the Oshawa site (in conjunction with other on-site EO Manager)
- Approve relevant program stipend requests
- Perform public relations and promotional activities for DRUHC, including liaisons with program funders and attending community partnership meetings and functions, as required by the Executive Director and program guidelines/obligations.
- Coordinate and chair staff meetings as required and prepare meeting agendas
- Track employment trends, seek out development opportunities to expand knowledge and experience
- Understand the pulse of DRUHC at all levels and act as a conduit back to the Executive Director
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Serve as Management Health & Safety representative for all sites
- Oversee the Health & Safety representatives at all sites
- Organize and chair Health & Safety meetings in compliance with MOL
- Report any immediate concerns or trends to Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge and/or training of:
- Human Resources practices and procedures.
- Employment legislation e.g. Employment Standards, OHSA, Human Rights, AODA
- Labour market trends – local, regional, provincial and national.
- Government employment programs and services.
- Employment and career counseling issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively research and write proposals.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Multi-task and work well under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Plan, research, implement and evaluate the delivery of policy and programs.
- Organize, prioritize, solve problems and adapt to change.
- Work with statistics, demonstrating analytical and critical thinking
- University education in a related field, such as Business/Human Resources Social Services or Education
- Over two years of Management experience.
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle ($2M insurance)
Personal Characteristics Required
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and encourage the behaviour of others to be consistent with these standards and align with the values of DRUHC.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of DRUHC.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in an effective and timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within DRUHC parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and take appropriate actions which are timely and in the best interests of DRUHC.
- Organization/Plan: Maintain and organize workflow, set priorities and monitor progress.
- Sitting at a desk for long periods of time; extensive computer usage.
- Multiple requests, deadlines, interruptions and stress.
- Some driving within Durham Region.
- Some travel beyond Durham Region on occasion.
- Little exposure to hazards.
Please forward resumes for consideration to email@example.com attention: Maralyn Tassone