Intake and Administration Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
One of eight Child and Youth Advocacy Centres (CYAC) in British Columbia, The Treehouse Vancouver Child and Youth Advocacy Centre provides a coordinated response to child abuse in the City of Vancouver. The Treehouse brings police detectives, social workers, and victim support workers together under one safe, comfortable, child-friendly roof to support children, youth and their families. The Treehouse focuses on getting Vancouver’s children who have experienced abuse back to feeling like kids again.
The Treehouse CYAC is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and compassionate Intake and Admin Coordinator to facilitate the administrative aspects of clients attending The Treehouse. The Intake and Admin Coordinator also attends to the administrative and office management needs of The Treehouse. This position works collaboratively with the Director of Services, the multi-disciplinary team, and the Executive Director. The Intake and Admin Coordinator reports to the Executive Director. This is a full time position (35 hours/week).
Coordination of clients attending The Treehouse
- Support the multi-disciplinary team at The Treehouse and contribute to a healthy team culture
- Implement intake procedures for children and families attending The Treehouse
- Provide reception services including greeting visitors, answering phones, managing general voice mail, and monitoring general email account
- Respond to all Treehouse inquiries
- Provide general orientation to outside professionals utilizing The Treehouse
- Maintain the client management database
- Prepare welcome and information packages
- Coordinate and track space utilization
- Issue evaluation forms and input responses
Management of Treehouse Facility
- Maintain The Treehouse vendor lists and accounts; serve as main point of contact for The Treehouse vendors
- Ensure The Treehouse facility needs are attended to
- Serve as health and safety officer and ensure The Treehouse complies with all health and safety requirements
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and the Director of Services including: contributing to grant writing, reporting to funders and donors, preparing presentation materials, providing donor correspondence and tax receipts, scheduling meetings, taking notes, and other support duties as needed
- Maintain website and social media content as directed
- Maintain donor database
- Establish and maintain an annual calendar of reporting requirements and policy commitments.
- The Intake and Admin Coordinator may be required to participate in projects and perform other duties not listed above as directed by the Executive Director or Director of Services to assist in achieving The Treehouse’s strategic priorities.
- Commitment to Excellence: Ensures an exceptional child-centered, trauma-informed workplace environment through collaborative communication, attention to detail, and consistent, timely, follow-through on commitments. Consistently meets or exceeds expectations, in alignment with The Treehouse’s objectives and values. Remains motivated and focused on a goal until the best possible results are achieved.
- Self awareness: Demonstrates confidence, presence, and good judgment. Brings curiosity, reasoning, and analysis to situations. Identifies and deals with issues proactively, creatively, and persistently. Takes initiative and seeks innovative approaches where possible.
- Communication: Approachable; able to establish connection and rapport easily with clients and colleagues. Encourages others to share their thoughts and feelings; seeks out and listens to the ideas and opinions of others; is a good listener. Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals and positive results. Builds and maintains relationships based on mutual respect and trust, appropriate sensitivity and transparency, empathy, and compassion. Adapts content, style, tone, and medium of communication to suit others’ language, cultural background and level of understanding. Encompasses skills of tact, diplomacy, and cultural responsiveness in all encounters with others.
- Planning & Organizing: Manages time, energy and resources effectively. Identifies and prioritize tasks, develops and implements plans to ensure optimal use of resources, evaluates and document outcomes, and adjusts activities in order to achieve objectives.
- Personal Management: Maintains effectiveness in the face of stress, change, and challenging situations, demonstrating both adaptability and a commitment to learning. Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths, and limitations and acts consistently with integrity and in alignment with relevant ethical guidelines. Appropriately manages emotions and strong feelings; maintaining calm and tactful composure under a broad range of challenging circumstances. Establishes and maintains appropriate boundaries; models self-care as a priority.
- Technological Proficiency: Demonstrates comfort and skill with technology; uses required technology (hardware and software) skillfully. Learns new technical skills quickly, adapts to updates and changes as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position requires the Intake and Admin Coordinator to hold a Post Secondary Degree/ Diploma plus three years or equivalent education/experience. Knowledge and experience beneficial to the position include: victim services/advocacy experience; knowledge of child abuse dynamics and the impact on children and families; ability to communicate with a wide range of professionals; understanding of police, child protection, and court systems; knowledge of the principles of trauma informed practice.
The successful applicant will be required to submit to and pass the Vancouver Police Department’s enhanced security clearance process as a condition of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by September 29, 2020. In your cover letter, please describe your interest in this position and summarize your qualifications (i.e., relevant education and experience) as they relate to this position.
No enquiries please. The Treehouse thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.