Accounts Payable Administrator (See posting details for locations)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
(This position will be located first at 50 Merton Street, Toronto until August 2020, then at 180 Duncan Mill Road from September 2020 onward)
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. As GGC moves into a new era of financial management across the country we are seeking candidates who will embrace the opportunity to evolve this new way of work.
GGC is actively searching for an Accounts Payable Administrator.
The Accounts Payable Administrator will:
- Process invoices from supplier by entering invoices into the accounting system and preparing batches of invoices to be paid.
- Obtain approval and process invoices/employee expenses/volunteer expenses for disbursement and verify that transaction comply with the corporate policies and procedures.
- Process high volumes of invoices, securing approvals as prescribed; identify and resolve discrepancies with invoices and collaborate with the team.
- Form effective payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and expense reimbursement.
- Investigate and resolve billing/payment discrepancies while following corporate policies and procedures.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Maintain and up-to-date- list vendor list and set up new vendors as required.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and provide A/P statistics as requested.
- Assist in month-end process with AP accrual and completion of account reconciliation.
You are the model candidate if you have:
- Post- Secondary education in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in the full procure to pay cycle
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the accounts payable function
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Have demonstrated computer software proficiency with MS Office; Office 365, intermediate Excel.
- Have sound analytical skills in relation to numerical data
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have the ability to handle a high volume of work and prioritize work received from multiple sources
- Are a positive, enthusiastic and committed team player and have a demonstrated high degree of initiative, judgement and problem-solving ability
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic
- Experience with Sage or a similar ERP
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) by 5:00 p.m. January 24, 2020 to Leisa McKenzie, Employee Experience Business Partner, HR@girlguides.ca
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
*Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
Organization Description not provided