- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
CUPE 3902 is the trade union representing more than 11,500 contract-academic workers at the University of Toronto (primarily teaching assistants, sessional lecturers and post-doctoral fellows). We are looking for an individual willing to commit to a democratic union culture, working under the supervision of the Executive Director, at the direction of an annually-elected Executive Committee, and in collaboration with a diverse membership.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time experience in office administration;
- Experience developing and maintaining web sites in WordPress and on other platforms;
- Excellent organisational skills; experience developing/maintaining filing systems and using online databases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfort interacting with members in person and by phone;
- Experience with social-media communication and its tools;
- Experience with event organising and logistical planning (travel arrangements, catering services, etc.).
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud/Canva/etc. would be an asset;
- Experience in, and knowledge of, the labour movement; familiarity with union training & education;
- Experience in short-hand transcription and/or verbatim note-taking both by hand and typed is an asset; and
- Post-secondary education.
- Staffing the reception desk and responding to day-to-day inquiries from members;
- Development & maintenance of the website; work alongside officers and their designates in developing a presence on and regular communication via social media;
- Receiving and maintaining files, correspondence, job postings and electronic records;
- Maintenance of office calendar & scheduling office meetings; tri-campus and off-campus event organisation (travel, space bookings, childcare, catering, etc.);
- Clerical tasks associated with preparing and distributing of materials to members, stewards, and volunteers;
- Note-taking, distribution and filing of minutes for bargaining teams, mediations & arbitration hearings; and
- Liaising with building maintenance staff to ensure the upkeep of the union office space
A full description of the position can be found in the 3902-1281 Collective Agreement
CUPE 3902 is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals without discrimination. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, accommodations which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner are available on request. Information relating to accommodations will be confidential.
CUPE 3902 is a unionised employer with a competitive wage and benefit package. This position is salaried and pays $63,351.92/annum, with a contracted raise upon completion of the probationary period.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume as a single .pdf file by 5:00pm, 6 August 2021 to email@example.com. The .pdf should be titled in the following format: "Surname_GivenName_office coordinator application". Applications that do not follow this format will not be considered.