Administrative Assistant, Community Support and Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Mississauga, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Description of Organization
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca
Description of Position
The Administrative Assistant, Community Support and Services is responsible for administratively supporting the Community Support and Services of Community Living Mississauga. Working under the guidance of a Director, this position is responsible for ensuring a high quality of administrative support is provided while ensuring compliance with all applicable regional and provincial laws.
Description of Duties
- Provide administrative support to one Director and four Managers.
- Process and manage referrals to the organization utilizing a Government of Ontario database as well as a regional database. The referrals include, but are not limited to, Service Coordination, Residential Supports and Day Programs.
- Liaise with outside agencies, families and people supported to ensure information is up to date and accurate.
- Remain current and informed regarding broader organizational information.
- Provide correspondence, reports, tracking, and all other documentation required by the Director.
- Write, review, proofread and edit documentation for the team ensuring accuracy.
- Responsible for providing general administrative support to Director's team as required (i.e. database management, formatting letters, photocopying, processing invoices, emailing, updating forms, etc.).
- Responsible for the professional documentation of and general administrative support for team meetings, trainings, workshops etc. (i.e. minutes, agenda).
- Ensure signatures and approvals are obtained by the proper parties.
- Complete essential job duties in a timely manner as per established target dates.
- Know and follow emergency back-up procedures.
- Ensures employee information, emergency back-up lists etc. are current and up to date based on information provided.
- Responsible for supporting the work of other organizational departments as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Recognized certificate or Community College diploma in Office Administration or Business.
- A minimum of three years full time relevant work experience at an administration level in a non-profit or charitable organization preferred.
- Independent decision making and problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in database management.
- Ability to apply time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Previous experience with file management and office administration.
- Advanced skills in computer program use including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Power Point).
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential.
- Current valid First Aid/CPR certificate is required.
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver's License (Class G or G2) and access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance.
- Fluent in French (or additional second languages) an asset.
Why Join our Team?
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Flexible schedule.
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full Covid-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
- Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers