Field Marketing Communication and Outreach Support Coordinator (Location 107-252 Esplanade W., North Vancouver, BC)
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- North Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. As GGC moves into a new era of providing excellent support across the country, we are seeking candidates who will embrace the opportunity to evolve this new way of work.
Are you passionate about helping an organization tell its story? Are you a dynamic marketing and communications professional with a talent for tailoring a brand’s message for local market audiences? If you are these things and you get excited by finding ways to solve problems with words, images and partnerships, then this is the opportunity for you!
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a Field Marketing Communication and Outreach Support Coordinator, BC
Reporting to the Team Lead, Field Marketing Support, you will coordinate marketing and communication initiatives and help to initiate partnerships at the regional level. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of strategic marketing and communications initiatives that translate national directives into regional activations to support the needs of the local communities and is a natural storyteller and problem solver who thrives on bringing local knowledge to the execution of holistic campaigns.
The Field Marketing Communication and Outreach Support Coordinator is an integral conduit between the National Marketing and Communications team and the BC Guiding community, specifically with volunteers in the PR Adviser role. This role will also work closely with the Member Growth Field role to bring to life messaging that will help to drive girl and volunteer acquisition efforts in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the National Marketing and Communications Department, develop and execute annual marketing and advertising plans for BC while providing local insights and feedback on national initiatives.
- Collaborate with BC-area volunteers and staff to ensure local marketing and communication needs are met and are aligned with national strategic direction.
- Working with Member Growth Field role, design, create and place advertisements, and other promotional materials, for girl and volunteer acquisition.
- Support the coordination of local media and PR opportunities in collaboration with the PR Advisers
- Assess public awareness and local marketing requests from volunteers in the region and develop appropriate course of action to meet KPIs.
- Develop and foster any vendor relationships and administer contracts for marketing, advertising or PR initiatives as required.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to peers in other Field Support Staff in the support of Guiding initiatives and support the message deployment of those initiatives with strong written materials.
- In collaboration with other Field Support Staff, support the development of strategic partnerships as needed.
- Ensure all locally-created creative, including merchandise and crests, follow GGC brand guidelines and standards.
- Act as liaison between BC Guiding community and National Strategic Partnerships and Fund Development teams as required.
- Build relationships with regional representatives, Guiders and girls.
- Postsecondary degree in related field; marketing, communications, PR, or journalism.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant role; agency or non-profit experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience translating national marketing and PR initiatives to specific audiences
- Self-driven with ability to work both independently and as part of a national team
- Excellent communication skills combined with strong listening and interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, with a fast-paced working style
- Adaptable, flexible and diplomatic with a high degree of comfort with change
- Creative, curious and passionate about telling GGC’s story
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit sector
- French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada)
Must be able to travel within the province
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with salary expectations by 5:00 p.m. February 7, 2020 to:
Lisa Pereira – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
*Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture.
Organization Description not provided