Intake Coordinator - Family, Child & Youth Services
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Job Title: Intake Coordinator- Family, Child & Youth Services
Contract: Temporary Full-time 6 /month Contract 35hrs/wk. FTE 1.0 with renewal possibility
Start Date: October 2021
Yorktown Family Services provides a comprehensive range of mental health services for children, youth and families who are experiencing serious emotional/social/behavioural difficulties along with several gender-based violence initiatives. Yorktown is committed to ensuring that all programs produce effective and positive outcomes for clients through evaluation, research and the incorporation of evidence-based services and practices whenever possible. We are committed to inclusiveness and diversity at all levels of the organization.
Yorktown requires a skilled and enthusiastic staff to provide a range of coordinated services to individual, family and group services to a diverse, complex and multi-cultural clientele. As a member of the Clinical Team, the individual in this position will be responsible for the coordination and provision of central intake services at Yorktown Family Services, the “what’s up walk in” service, Mindful Fathering group, and other programs at Yorktown. This position will also be providing brief counselling to support the agency’s walk-in service delivery models, at any of the following sites: remote, West Toronto Youth Hub and 2010 Eglinton Ave West.
- The position acts as a link for clients not just into therapy, but Yorktown’s many other programs and partners. It is a vital role to helping ensure clients receive care on several levels in an integrated fashion.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of a range of intake services with families accessing ongoing therapeutic services through both internal and external referral sources. This would include completing the Service Inquiry Record (SRI) and any other required documentation.
- The candidate would provide screening and an intake assessment to present to our core counselling team for discussion.
- The position will also require oversight of completing screens, intakes and exit interviews of the Mindful Fathering ® group along with supporting with the facilitation of Mindful Fathering ®
- To maintain appropriate records for each service program as required
- Service coordination and working collaboratively with Child Welfare, Family Health Care Teams, Community Health Centers, Physicians, and Justice Organizations and other partner agencies is an important aspect of the role.
- Providing goal-focused, brief and strengths based single session therapy in the ‘what’s up’ walk*In ® clinic.
- Providing outreach, participating in school/parent information nights and delivering community-based workshops on mental health issues.
- Services may be delivered at the Centre or in the community as needed.
- Attendance at partner agency and city-wide Intake Coordinators meetings as required that enhance intake services.
- Membership and participation on internal agency committees as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required.
- M.S.W., or equivalent Masters with several years clinical experience grounded in a strengths-based, systemic perspective with children, youth and families.
- Minimum of three years relevant children’s mental health experience coordinating services and providing direct service delivery.
- Experience conducting intakes is preferred.
- Enthusiasm and skill working to support change with a multi-challenged, diverse client population.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity to changing situations and needs.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including strong communication (both oral and written skills) and problem-solving skills.
- A key ability to work independently and co-operatively and take initiative.
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting with excellent people engagement skills, with the ability to build working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working in collaboration with other service providers.
- Understanding and knowledge of woman abuse and the impact on children exposed to women abuse.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings (at least two evenings per week)
- Valid registration with the appropriate regulatory college as related to one of the following; The Ontario College of Social Workers or The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Comfort with the client database system and excellent level of computer literacy utilizing MS Office applications.
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
- Access to a reliable vehicle is a definite asset.
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset.
Reports to the Manager, Clinical and System Services
Please submit your resume and cover letter by September 30, 2021.
Please quote “Competition # 2021-20 & Job Title” in the subject line.
Yorktown values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.