Administrative Assistant – Summer Student
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Newmarket, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
DATE: May 26th, 2023
LOCATION: Newmarket, ON – Crosslinks HSH
CONTRACT DURATION: June 19th - Aug 25th, 2023
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance use challenges, poverty and homelessness. Serving approximately 13,969 annually and providing 1,788 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. LOFT is also recognized as a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill our mission, LOFT is hiring a Administrative Assistant – Summer Student.
The Administrative Assistant – Summer Student position supports LOFT through a collaborative approach with clients and staff. It will offer the student an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in administrative areas in a community based mental health setting. Main duties include reception at our Newmarket location including a variety of administrative duties.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide Reception duties at our Main Street location in Newmarket
- Greet clients reflecting the professionalism and values LOFT upholds
- Provide support with administrative duties using excel, word and powerpoint
- Arrange meetings and follow ups as required
- Other administrative duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Presently enrolled in a post-secondary program and returning in the Fall of 2023.
- Post-secondary courses in business and communications
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience working with the public (retail, office and school placements).
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of the application of accessibility standards is a strong asset.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework
- Being reflective of a multi-barriered group, a strong asset.
We believe there are many different ways of developing skills, and we love diverse
experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.
Note: All LOFT employees are required to be COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with LOFT’s Vaccination Policy; unless they are employed in or work regularly with staff who are employed in, non-client facing roles.
Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is also required.
CLOSING DATE: June 9th, 2023.