- Job Type
- Casual/On Call
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Relief Worker.
Relief staff are expected to be an integral part of the team and offer a variety of functions in support of the physical, social and mental wellbeing of residents within a safe and supportive atmosphere. This may involve:
- Maintaining the established routines of the program including security, fire and general health and safety practices,
- Building a rapport with the residents, facilitating the overall effective operation of the residence,
- Being aware of all the activities occurring in the residence;
- Responding to health care emergencies and/or implementing the emergency protocols and procedures,
- Providing individual support and crisis intervention,
- Assisting with hands-on personal care for daily living situations,
- Keeping the residents focused on their priorities,
- Preparing or documenting necessary information,
- Housekeeping duties.
- Post-secondary training/education in human services or related fields;
- Experience in working with and supporting vulnerable adults and or youth with special needs;
- An understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation principles and the therapeutic relationship;
- Counselling and responding skills;
- First aid and CPR training, CPI training.
- An ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact appropriately and professionally with the residents, staff, families and partners;
- Good oral and written communication skills to actively engage the residents and/or to prepare clear notes;
- Well-developed problem solving skills, clear thinking with the ability to make decisions;
- Experience with and knowledge of addiction issues;
- Experience with and knowledge of Mental Health Issues
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “relief - bl” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: December 14, 2020