- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Social Enterprise
- Company Type
- B Corp
About this position
WHO WE ARE
Grantbook is a fast-growing digital transformation firm (and Certified B Corp) with big dreams for the future of philanthropy. Our diverse and close-knit team of 16 techies and do-gooders work closely with foundations to help them unlock the full potential of their processes, teams, and technology so that they can do more good - even better.
We’ve worked with some of the world’s largest foundations, including the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Arnold Ventures, Tides USA, and The JW McConnell Foundation.
HOW WE WORK
We’re an ideal match if you seek autonomy, mastery, and purpose in your work. We take pride in our non-hierarchical work culture, where learning trumps ego. Active learning, self-management, and emotional maturity are core to how we do meaningful work together.
We live our values by designing a digitally and socially engaged workplace where policies are transparent, team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them, and digital tools enable us to do our best work. This allows our team to have flexible hours and sometimes work remotely; we trust each other to be accountable and to get stuff done (see “How You’ll Benefit”, below).
WHO YOU ARE
You are a self-motivated tech specialist who is equally adept at communicating with computers as you are at communicating with people. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you have a great grasp on how technology works. You might be great at system administration, cloud software configuration, integration, or data management... but your hidden talent is championing the user’s voice and explaining technology in simple terms.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Grantbook, you’ll research, recommend, implement, and help integrate different cloud solutions for grants management, customer relationship management, and related functional areas that meet our foundation clients’ needs. You’ll work closely in cross-functional teams of 2-4, taking ownership over the technical details and implementation and/or integration pieces on multiple projects.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with project managers to serve as the technical lead on the implementation, setup and deployment of cloud solutions for clients. This includes:
- Lead discovery meetings to map out business processes with clients, and translate it into requirements for systems that evaluate and rank applications.
- Working with various form builders to create applicant-friendly application forms that balance user experience and data collection.
- Setting up online portals for users to review and submit applications, reports and payments.
- Automating emails and communications between the foundation and their applicants to streamline the grant approval process.
- Building reports for foundation boards and directors to see where their funds are going, and where their impact is measuring against benchmarks.
- Continuous testing, deployment and support of new features and changes to ensure systems are available and functioning for staff as intended.
- Using middleware tools like Zapier and Workato, build out API integrations between systems so that information flows across platforms and workflows seamlessly (if you’d like to learn or apply programming skills, you are welcome to do this with code as well!)
- Support current-state audits and solution evaluations by gathering and documenting the functional requirements for new grantmaking systems and processes.
- Complete data migrations and other data-related tasks as needed, including data audits, visualizations, cleansing, deduplication, and field mapping.
- Produce and share client-specific training and documentation, including on-site training, video tutorials, and blog posts around technology best practices and processes.
- Monitor technology adoption and provide enhancements as needed.
- Provide feedback and help enhance Grantbook’s overall operations.
- Support Grantbook’s marketing and sales efforts.
- Have fun, work as a team, and "get it done".
- Contribute to service innovation and development.
- Share your knowledge with the rest of our team.
- Co-create your own personal and professional development plan.
- Occasional travel to client offices across North America.
- 2-3 years of working with the implementation and technology adoption of cloud solutions, ideally in a grantmaking or nonprofit environment.
- 2-3 years of data experience in a team setting.
- High proficiency in the use of cloud solutions, such as G Suite, Office 365, Salesforce, Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Trello, IFTTT and Zapier.
- Strong interest in developing an expertise in configuring grants management systems, such as Fluxx, GivingData, SurveyMonkey Apply, Salesforce and SmartSimple.
- Prior experience and familiarity working with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and relational databases preferred.
- Self-organizer and problem-solver, prepared to meet tight deadlines across multiple projects.
- Able to translate technical information into plain English.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented approach.
SALARY & BENEFITS
You can expect annual compensation in the range of $58,765 - $76,395, including 4 weeks of paid vacation and a comprehensive benefits package. In addition, all team members at Grantbook participate equally in the employee bonus pool created from 33% of earnings from the previous year. For more information, visit our careers page.
CAREER & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Although we’ve listed concrete responsibilities here, as a growing organization there are continual opportunities to learn and grow new kinds of work, whether it is developing a new skill set or bringing a new product/service offering to market. You, along with the rest of our team, will be key to driving our work forward.
GrantBook is a leading philanthropy & digital consulting team committed to helping grantmakers adopt a digital mindset to reach their highest potential.
Our mission is to improve the flow of $100 billion in capital to drive catalytic social change. We focus exclusively on grantmakers & affiliate groups, and help them realize the full potential of their strategic mandate, technology systems, and human capacities.
GrantBook has a unique work culture that we are proud of and seek to maintain and grow. We are looking for someone who recognizes our awesomeness and wants to be a part of it. Earlier in our history, we distilled how we build trust, have fun and get work done into three core concepts that remain as critical today as they were then:
- Being Mindful – We aspire to meaningful, respected and profitable work and know that being mindful of individuals and the team is key. We acknowledge what is achievable and realistic today and work to expand our possibilities over time.
- Evidence Trumps Claims – We believe that good decisions come from iteration and debate. When faced with choices, we favour evidence over claims. We seek creative resolutions to challenging questions, look for the strongest business case when faced with difficult decisions and build feedback loops into everything we do.
- Actions Speaks Louder Than Words – We place a high value on moving from words to action in a timely manner. It’s through our actions that the magical moments are created.