Fund Development Associate
- Job Type
- Contract / Part Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Fund Development Associate
Reporting directly to the Principal Consultant, the Fund Development Associate is a key member of the team.
Prime responsibilities include support with proposal writing; direct mail; third party events; corporate and foundation research, and donor stewardship and recognition aimed at meeting the revenue goals of the clients as established by the Principal Consultant.
1. Fund Development
- Coordinate and support with all fundraising and resource development processes (as assigned) including prospect research, grant related research, supporting in the development of high-quality funding applications and relevant materials to individual and institutional donors / resource providers at local, regional, national levels.
- Support with proposal writing and tracking responses associated with: individuals, foundations and corporate giving
- Coordinate individual giving programs (as assigned), including developing initial drafts for direct mails, monthly giving.
- Support with prep for major gifts related meetings
- Support and coordinate aspects of events (as required)
- Develop and oversee creation of stewardship and donor recognition reports
- Work to ensure relevant databases are kept accurate and current
2. Relationship Management
- Coordinate and support with the stewarding of potential, current and past donors and partners,
- Create and recommend effective recognition and stewardship program for donors; establish an acquisition plan to cultivate existing and pursue new donors
3. Donor Administrative Support:
- Develop and maintain reporting and tracking systems to manage donor administration
- Create and maintain records of receipts and letters being issued.
- Mail merge and spreadsheet / data management (as required)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fund development in the not-for-profit sector with a track record of significant success
- Proven experience of putting together and packaging persuasive and imaginative fundraising / grant writing proposals for presentation to targeted funders, foundations and or institutional donors
- Experience knowledge of development, management and implementation of effective corporate fundraising strategy and associated work plans
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders
- Financial acumen and strong strategic thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proposal writing, public speaking, presentations
- Strong experience in managing and developing people and teams
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM, Task Management & fundraising databases
- Able to work flexible hours
The individual must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Time management and punctuality;
- Dependable and understands the importance of meeting deadlines;
- Honest, sincere, considerate and truthful;
- Understands the importance of quality work;
- Approachable, articulate and determined;
- Resilient, proactive and positive;
- Coachable and adaptable;
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 21, 2021.
Established in 2007, FSK & Associates has been operating as a non profit capacity builder that offers organizations of all sizes with opportunities to engage, support and grow endeavours that support creating a brighter and more equitable future for all people.
Our work has primarily worked on ensuring that marginalized communities, Black, Women, Muslim and People of Colour, led and serving organizations are able to get ahead and are equipped with the knowledge, tools and resources required to be effective in offering programming and services to their respective communities. We also stand as allies to all first nations and indigenous peoples.
Learn more at fskassociates.ca