- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Winnipeg, MB
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Type: Contract/Temporary - 6 months with possibility of renewal
Hours: Full-time position (35hr/wk) - CUPE, Local 3909
Start date: July 5th, 2021 (flexible start date)
Salary: $22.49/hr - includes full extended benefits package
Applications close: June 23 @ 5pm CT
The Campaigns Coordinator shall undertake duties as directed by the Federation’s Provincial Executive and Provincial Organizer. Such duties include:
- The development, coordination and implementation of national and provincial campaigns relating to the quality and accessibility of post-secondary education, government elections and student voting, equity and social justice, environmental sustainability, and other issues that may arise from time to time;
- Facilitating the identification of campaign goals, strategies & tactics, and overseeing the implementation of campaign plans;
- Working with local students’ unions to support campaign development, planning, and implementation;
- Working in solidarity with labour, community organizations, and grassroots groups that share common aims and objectives of the Federation;
- Coordinating regular outreach on campuses, including volunteer training and retention;
- Assisting with the coordination, designing, and production of campaign materials;
- Maintaining a strong social media presence which will include information and
- updates about the campaigns of the Federation, significant developments in the government relations, victories of the Federation, and information about the services of the Federation;
- Attending, facilitating, and assisting with the organising of provincial campaign meetings and annual general meetings;
- Developing media messaging, communications plans, and written content that promotes campaigns work;
- Working collectively with other staff of the Federation, and assisting other staff with their duties.
- Experience and skills organising grassroots mobilization campaigns including planning and facilitating organising committees;
- Experience using and developing content for various social media platforms;
- Current and in-depth knowledge of the aims of and issues facing the student
- movement in Canada;
- Experience in local or provincial student unions, associations, and/or clubs;
- Experience and skills coordinating lobby campaigns around specific demands
- Ability to compile data, research information and build presentations;
- Strong public speaking ability;
- Experience using Google Workspace, Wordpress, and Canva is an asset;
- Willingness to travel within and outside Manitoba, according to public health measures;
- Training in conflict resolution and anti-oppressive facilitation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, functional skill level in French or any second language is an asset.
Do you have some of these qualifications but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply! We would love to review your unique application and there are training opportunities available in this role.
The Canadian Federation of Students is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from Black, Indigenous, and racialized community members, people with disabilities, 2-spirit/queer/trans people, and women. If you feel comfortable doing so please self-identify upon applying.
Submit resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Campaigns Coordinator”.
Applications received until June 23 @ 5pm CT.
Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified.
Canadian Federation of Students - Manitoba
#302 - 379 Broadway, Winnipeg
Manitoba, R3C 0T9
Telephone/Téléphone: (204) 783 0787