- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Newmarket, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Coordinator.
The Coordinator, as part of the management team, will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and operation of a Crosslinks Support team (approximately 10-12 staff). The Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining high quality support to clients and contributing to key program initiatives such as accreditation, coordinated care planning and program evaluation/development. The Coordinator will ensure the program is run efficiently and effectively. The Coordinator will also provide direct services to a small caseload of persons served by the program and share in rotational on- call responsibilities. Will assist in cleaning and preparing units for occupancy. Travel throughout York Region is required.
Note: May be exposed to second hand smoke while working with clients
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in providing services to individuals with serious mental illness, addictions and the homeless
- Experience in mental health & justice is an asset
- Demonstrated leadership experiences including supervising students
- Experience in program management/administration an asset
- Strong organizational and administrative skills including computer data skills
- Excellent interpersonal and counselling skills
- Effective oral, written and facilitation skills
- Excellent knowledge of harm reduction and psychosocial rehabilitation skills and the ability to put these into practice
- Proven ability to provide leadership and support to a staff team
- Solid understanding of broad systems issues
- Experience in supportive housing and knowledge of Residential Tenancy Act
- Demonstrated skill in establishing effective relationships with other service providers including hospitals and justice services as well as service users, families and friends
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle and insurance to transport clients is required
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact email@example.com or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “COORDINATOR - Newmarket” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: November 10, 2020