- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Launched in 2009, Rise Asset Development is the only Canadian organization that exclusively supports entrepreneurs with a history of mental health and addiction challenges. Based on the generous support of Sandra A. Rotman, Rise was jointly created by the Rotman School of Management and Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). In the last two years, Rise has provided 160 individuals with small business loans in 32 communities, engaging over 100 volunteer mentors.
With the recent launch of our National Scaling Strategy, Rise set out goals for expanding offerings across Canada over the next five years. The five-year goals include 10 new Rise locations and an almost 400% increase in the number of annual loans and active clients. The new CEO of Rise has over 20 yrs experience in the not for profit sector, including a strong background in fundraising and leadership.
The Advancement Coordinator is a new role, and a tremendous opportunity for a self-motivated individual who is planning a career in the not for profit sector. Reporting to the CEO, you will be involved in all aspects of revenue generation and governance and will play a critical role along with others members of the team in facilitating the growth and success of Rise on a national scale.
The Advancement Coordinator will work directly with the CEO and COO to help build collaborative partnerships, strengthen connections with current funders, and establish new fundraising opportunities. This position will coordinate and execute all Board-related engagement and administration. The Advancement Coordinator will also manage donor records, meeting notes, material preparation, prospect and donor research and correspondence.
Visit us at www.riseassetdevelopment.com/
Job Responsibility #1: Donor Services and Pipeline Management (50%)
- Responsible for overall pipeline management (i.e. managing different stages of the development cycle, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship) for government, HNW and corporate funders/donors
- Draft and prepare a wide range of material including research profiles, meeting briefings, presentations, letters, proposals, stewardship reports and other documents in order to assist the CEO and COO in managing their donors and prospects
- Organize cultivation, stewardship and recognition events including preparing invitation lists, budget management, RSVP’s, and event logistics
- Become “super user” of Salesforce database; develop processes/protocols and ensure compliance, consistency and regular usage in order to maintain detailed donor records
- Help manage the CEO and COO’s donor related activities i.e. external meetings and travel
Job Responsibility #2: Board Engagement and Coordination (40%)
- Working directly with the CEO and COO, prepare for Board meetings and committee meetings, including developing and distributing agendas, PowerPoint presentations, speaking notes and meeting materials; taking meeting minutes; ensuring all follow-up is completed; and producing all final documentation of meetings
- Assist the CEO and COO develop new policies, including Investment Policy, Risk Assessment, etc. by conducting research, drafting and revising documents.
- Prepare and monitor work back schedule for all Board meetings, ensuring staff have the support they need
- Assist in the development and execution of annual Board member survey, using simple online tools like Survey Monkey, including producing useful analysis of results
- Coordinate ongoing Board member engagement, including planning and executing field experiences
- Provide support on all Board nominating activities, including maintaining list of candidates, preparing research profiles on nominees and new members
- Coordinate and execute annual orientation session for all new Board members
- Draft regular email updates for Board members and other volunteers
- Coordinate engagement of Emeritus members, including annual stewardship pieces
Job Responsibility #3: Other Duties (10%)
- Assist with other team activities, ie. Youth Program events
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising software such as Raisers Edge or Salesforce
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards as evidenced by a combination of relevant work and/or education experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to think critically and to exercise independent and sound judgement in anticipating needs and taking initiative
- Strong attention to detail; organized and systematic in donor follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work, manage deliverables and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Superior computer literacy in Microsoft Office software applications and donor database software
- Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Collaborative and innovative, well-suited to work in an entrepreneurial setting
- Unquestionable integrity, strong judgement skills and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Proven ability to operate professionally and with consistently high standards of excellence
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and/or proven ability to support a team in achieving business excellence
- Fluency in oral and written English
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (an asset):
- Other relevant certificates
- Knowledge of fundraising database platforms such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Employment Start Date: Immediately
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com and kindly include ‘Response to HR Advancement Coordinator’ in the subject line of your email. Please indicate your salary expectations.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation for attending interviews and assessment tests.