Project Manager, Safe Return to Class Project
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Project Manager, Safe Return to Class Project
Start Date: April 15, 2021
Contract until August 31, 2021 with possibility of extension
Location: Either Toronto Region or Peel Region
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations in the GTA. As a charitable not-for-profit organization, ACCES provides job search services that connect newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Responsibilities of this position will include project development and implementation, supervision of staff, and coordination with other ACCES programs and services. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with a range of internal and external partners to develop and deliver the program; ensure effective planning, administration & reporting; and ensure that project outcomes are achieved. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of emerging labour market needs and trends in youth employment and an understanding of the labour market challenges and barriers faced by youth. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
ACCES’ Safe Return to Class Project is a summer program that will provide youth with access to paid summer employment, 20 hours of paid job search support, health and safety training, and wraparound supports, while they complete a high school summer credit course. The program will be delivered virtually using ACCES’ online platforms. ACCES will work with school boards and high school administrators/teachers to support youth and mitigate any possible learning gaps they are experiencing. This project will serve communities and individuals who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic, including Black and racialized youth. Eligible employers can access wage subsidies to support them to hire youth for summer roles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning and implementation of the ACCES Safe Return to Class Project
- Ensure that all project activities are delivered in accordance with organizational policies and procedures as well as funder contractual agreements
- Ensure that all project deliverables and outcomes are met or exceeded, including targeted employment outcomes
- Project-manage and coordinate the development and delivery of all program components, including contracts with suppliers (e.g. assessment, curriculum development, course delivery, etc.)
- Responsible for managing all program staffing activities including recruitment, supervision, performance management, staff engagement and training etc.
- Work closely with ACCES finance and administration departments to manage program budget and oversee contracts with partners and suppliers (e.g. assessment, curriculum development, etc.)
- Review and audit project files (hard copy client files and electronic data base) to ensure proper documentation and adherence to service delivery standards and ensure program compliance with funders’ guidelines and targets
- Plan and coordinate service delivery schedules, taking into consideration the availability of partners, volunteers/mentors/employer guest speakers etc.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to manage and oversee the development of online assets, tools, platforms, curriculums and other services as required for the project
- Establish and build partnerships to support and enhance project delivery
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing program data; preparing all reports required by ACCES and by funders, pertaining to program activities and outcomes
- Report project activities and make recommendations to senior management regarding strategies and activities that improve project efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies for continuous improvement
- Ensure appropriate protocols are in place throughout Project implementation to ensure the health safety of participants and staff
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities and evening supervisor shift rotation
Experience and Qualifications:
- University/College degree
- 5 years of related work and management experience
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse community is an asset
- Knowledge of emerging labour market needs and trends is an asset
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to youth is required
- Experience with working in an online service delivery environment, learning management systems and other online tools is considered a strong asset
- Project Management (PMP) designation, or in progress, is considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership experience, a collaborative decision maker, and an open and effective communicator who values diversity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization as well as with clients, employers, community partners, other service providers and funders
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Proven strength in human resources areas such as performance management, team leadership, and staff coaching/mentoring etc.
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment and with online virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to travel to project delivery locations, including partner and employer locations as needed, may be required, following current public health guidelines
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: email@example.com
Candidates should state the position of interest (including location) in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
COVID-19 Response Plan:
ACCES actively monitors and responds to the latest developments in the COVID-19 pandemic in Ontario. We assess any new provincial and public health directions, and adjust our services as necessary. Currently, ACCES is exercising caution to protect our community members by suspending the delivery of our in-person services, and continuing to deliver all of our programs and services virtually and over the phone. To learn more about our comprehensive COVID-19 Response Plan click here: https://accesemployment.ca/images/policies/ACCES_Employment_Covid-19_Response_Plan_Sept_15_2020_v3.pdf