92-19 Human Resources Advisor
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Human Resources Advisor
Human Resources Advisor Competition #92-19
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
We are a community-based, not-for profit organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. We provide counselling and other essential services to the most vulnerable people in our communities. For over 90 years, we’ve inspired and supported those who need help reaching their full potential. We work to ensure children are nurtured, youth find optimism, adults feel empowered, and parents make choices that build strong families.
Our values are:
We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education and community services.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
The Human Resources Advisor is a key point of contact for Agency leaders and employees needing information or support related to a range of human resource and employment matters. Working as part of a cross-functional team to support a group of programs and employee groups, the Advisor provides strategic human resource guidance and advice regarding a broad range of HR areas including employee and labour relations, performance management, change management, recruitment strategies and policy implementation. Acts as a partner and coach to leaders and staff, and provides proactive workforce support and planning to the Agency programs. Visits program sites to connect with staff and leaders and triage HR related issues and queries.
WHAT YOU BRING
Education, Training, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field supported with human resources training
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience as a Human Resource professional with at least 5 years’ experience in a strategic HR business advisor role as well as strategic recruiting expertise and knowledge, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- CPHR designation is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A strong commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, interpersonal.
- Proficiency with computer programs, including Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Labour Relations experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities, well-developed planning, coaching and teamwork skills.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Provide strategic HR guidance and advice to program directors and managers on a broad range of human resource areas; partner with managers on providing advice on all employment relations matters.
- Provide support with grievances, disciplinary or other matters, and hearings.
- Engagement and Support
- Facilitate the process of change by providing support and planning to leaders and understanding to employees.
- Engage in promoting and ‘living’ the core values of the Agency, promoting culture of engagement and monitoring employee health and wellbeing and delivering improvements through appropriate and considered employee programs
- Recruitment Strategies
- Drive strong employer branding internal and external to the organization, advises on advertising, marketing materials and social media initiatives at the Agency and program level.
- Strategize with managers regarding workforce planning and challenging or hard-to-fill vacancies; provide advice regarding posting/talent acquisition opportunities/sites/partnerships.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff. FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: Fulltime, 35 hours/week, Salary: MGS 6
Location: Working in the culturally vibrant and centrally located Vancouver neighbourhood of Commercial and Broadway. Travel to other sites (in the Lower Mainland) is required.
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #92-19 in email subject line). In your cover letter, please outline your interest and relevant experience for this role, and tell us where you heard about this opportunity.
**if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “INTERNAL” in the subject line of the email**
Please click here to apply:
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post End Date: Job posting will remain open until filled
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
Organization Description not provided