Annual Giving Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Victoria, BC
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
- Effectively implements and executes assigned annual giving campaigns
- Displays exceptional coordination of the implementation and execution of annual giving strategies
- Actively responds and takes initiatives on fundraising opportunities with donors, ensuring appropriate cultivation and stewardship
- Identifies creative and innovative opportunities in the development or enhancement of existing or new Annual Giving campaigns and/or special events
- Measures and analyses regional Annual Giving revenue development activities to identify areas for improvement and areas for growth
- Maintains the integrity of the regional revenue development database by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems; ensures that selected volunteers are proficient in the application of the database
- Analyses and reports on the progress of assigned Annual Giving campaign component of the region’s annual Operational Plan, including the compilation of statistical and other reports
- Implements National and Regional annual giving programs and strategies and ensures that all programs are delivered in accordance with Reginal and nationwide standards
- Participates in regional initiatives to revise or enhance existing annual giving campaigns, activities, to implement new activities and to conduct regular evaluations of campaigns
- Identifies opportunities for cross-promotion between annual giving and leadership giving
- Takes a donor centric approach to all fundraising activities and consistently delivers effective stewardship and engagement practices Seeks partnership opportunities with other organizations and groups to promote the region’s Revenue Development activities
- Acts as the relationship manager for assigned campaigns and special events to ensure they are aligned with the regional revenue development plan.
- Represents the region in nationwide meetings and teleconferences, as required
Assists with the development and maintenance of an adequate, effective and efficient Regional Revenue Development volunteer force
- In collaboration with the regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, ensures the effective recruitment, selection, orientation, training, regular upgrading and recognition of regional Annual Giving Revenue Development volunteers;
- Is a volunteer engager - serves as a resource to volunteers and staff with respect to the regions volunteer training system;
- Monitors and evaluates the volunteer training system, and ensures resources and processes are in place to maintain and support the system.
- Knowledge and understanding of a comprehensive fundraising program.
- Knowledge of revenue development activities/initiatives of other organizations.
- Experience with annual giving fundraising strategies including Special Events and integrated fundraising campaigns
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and proven interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- A demonstrated donor-centric approach to fundraising
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and maturity in dealings with a variety of constituents.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Working knowledge of fundraising database
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details are necessary attributes.
- Flexibility to perform other job requirements as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will allow evening and weekend work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years experience in revenue development, event planning, annual giving, project management, or related field.
- University degree or certificate/diploma from a recognized fundraising program or equivalent experience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values: CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE. In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations AS SOON AS POSSIBLE on our careers website www.cancer.ca The posting will be up until filled.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Organization Description not provided