- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Founded in 1960 and a community leader in Ottawa, the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa (YSB) is one of the largest and most comprehensive non‑profit agencies serving and empowering youth in this community. More than 350 caring professionals work from 20 locations across the city to deliver a vast range of programs and services that support at‑risk youth and their families. YSB is a multi-service agency that provides services in French and English in employment, health and housing, mental health, youth engagement and youth justice. We work in partnership to develop, deliver and advocate for better conditions, services and opportunities for youth and families. We receive funding from the Province of Ontario, the City of Ottawa, the United Way, and generous private donors.
What we offer
- A values based agency that believes in and supports inclusion, diversity, accessibility and client empowerment
- An established community based organization that provides services to over 2500 local youth and families each month
- Working in a dynamic team
- An environment that encourages continuous learning by offering professional development and training opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits and pension (CAAT) for full time and part time employees
YSB's Youth Justice program is looking for a full time Scheduling Clerk to support it's high volume staffing needs.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (40hrs/week)
Salary: $43,908.80-$52,790.40 annually
Location: 3000 Hawthorne Road, Ottawa
Under the general direction of the assistant director of Youth Justice Services and immediate supervision of the Coordinator(s) of Youth Justice the scheduling clerk is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the schedules within the programs of Youth Justice Services.
- In accordance with the union agreement prepare master schedule for each of the operational units within Youth Justice Services ( including youth worker, control, kitchen, & transport)
- In consultation with unit coordinators and Assistant Director prepare operational schedules
- Ensure accurate & daily entry of changes into the bureau’s scheduling program
- Contact casual or ERP employees to fill emergency shifts, in compliance with the collective agreement rules
- Ensure fluency with and comply with terms & conditions of Collective Agreements
- Prepare summaries or reports for Program Director or Director of Human Resources as requested
- In conjunction with program coordinators schedule staff into training programs and arrange for backfill
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure that employee information and schedules are accurate
- Support the licensing process as required
- Schedule safety and fire inspections
(The qualifications are appended to the job description and are not intended to be part of the job description)
- Two years experience in administration or office work
- Excellent telephone communication and organizational skills
- Expertise in computers systems, Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated ability to work in high-pressured environment
- Ability to make decisions quickly utilizing clear guidelines and procedures
- Oral & written proficiency in English is essential,
- Oral fluency in French will be considered an asset
Disclaimer:This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:YSB values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. In the event a qualified candidate is not found, candidates that do not meet the qualifications indicated on the posting may be considered.
Apply On-line with resume and cover letter on ADP
Please Direct Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Description not provided