Program Worker - Temporary
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Job title: Program Worker - Temporary
Type: Short-term Employee contract, full-time hours
Pay range: $20-23/hour
Contract dates: December 7, 2020 – March 31, 2021 (Note: includes 1 unpaid week during holiday closure)
Application deadline: 5:30 PM EST, November 13, 2020
The AFC is the lifeline for Canada’s entertainment industry, helping Canadian entertainment professionals maintain their health, dignity and ability to work when they are at their most vulnerable due to injury, illness or other personal hardship. Our core program, Emergency Financial Aid, has disbursed more than $1,000,000 to help people meet their basic needs since March.
The AFC is an encouraging, respectful, and collegial workplace where we take pride in our work and live the organization’s values. This position offers the opportunity for meaningful work within a closely collaborative and supportive team.
This temporary position provides support to the existing program staff during the busy winter season. As such, the exact duties and work may shift to respond to the flow of client needs.
The AFC seeks a Program Worker to field inquiries, process Emergency Financial Aid applications, and provide support and referrals by email and phone to clients in urgent financial need. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Worker will manage an individual caseload with tight time constraints and provide support services as directed by other caseworkers to ensure fast, high-quality client service. This position requires compassion, flexibility, and a passion for supporting arts and entertainment workers.
The AFC invites applications from all qualified individuals. Applications from members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and other equity-seeking groups are preferred for this position.
Availability: 40 hours per week. 9:30-5:30 EST, Monday-Thursday; Friday 9:30-5:30, or 9:30-1:30 with one four-hour evening/weekend shift. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
Remote work: Reliable internet access is required, and some physical privacy is needed to take client calls and store confidential material.
- Field general inquiries, including calls from clients in distress
- Assess clients’ finances and needs; determine eligibility for services
- Provide information and referrals to appropriate mental health resources, as needed
- Help clients apply for Emergency Financial Aid from The AFC or other resources
- Provide short-term follow-up including referrals, informal counselling, and compassionate support
- Prepare applications for review; create electronic records and present written or verbal summaries
- Work collaboratively with team members; provide client services as directed
- Maintain clear client service notes and keep up-to-date database records
- Additional administrative and support tasks as necessary
Attributes and experience:
- Degree or diploma in social work, social service work, or similar, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ client service experience, with 1+ year experience in case management or similar services
- Experience in areas such as self-employment, housing, and personal finance is preferred
- French proficiency strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of/experience in the Canadian arts and entertainment industry strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and online tools such as Dropbox and Slack; familiarity with CRM or client databases
- Excellent reading comprehension and attention to detail; comfortable quickly processing basic math
- Clear, diplomatic communication skills (verbal and written)
- Adept at establishing rapport and setting boundaries with a wide range of clients
- Able to adapt to changing direction in a fluid environment
- Comfortable quickly making and documenting informed judgment calls
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by November 13, 2020, with the email subject "Program Worker - Temporary". We appreciate all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will receive a reply. No phone calls, please.
The AFC is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We will consider requests for accommodation at any time during the hiring process.