Operations Support Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Old Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a dynamic, organized Operations Support Coordinator.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19. Hybrid model of work to be discussed.
About This Opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), in this role, you will provide project and day-to-day operational support. If you have superior organizational skills, can manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and love the challenge of keeping projects on track, regardless of complexity, this could be the role for you.
The Operations Support Coordinator will:
- Support the COO and Provincial Operations Manager as assigned, including survey development and delivery execution, processing accounts payables/receivables, tracking/researching history of data, coordination of meetings & follow up materials, minute/note taking, etc.
- Provide oversight of OPSCOM meeting operations including coordination of virtual calls, all logistics for when in-person meetings take place and attend occasional meetings in Toronto, Ontario as required to support administrative needs.
- Oversee the administration of the individual and corporate donor program.
- Nurture and maintain positive relationships with donors and external stakeholders.
- Have the ability to use sound judgement when dealing with donors and external stakeholders.
- Provide financial oversight for charitable receipts and acknowledgements and oversee record management.
- Work with revenue team to implement campaign financial logistics.
- Coordinate nationwide integrated operation plan program and evolve methodology based on feedback.
- Support strategic project management by responding to queries, developing and executing reports, establishing a status tracking system and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Related degree or diploma (Business Administration, Project Management, Volunteer Management) or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years’ related experience working in an office environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Skilled at setting priorities and managing time.
- Experience working within the non-profit or charitable sector.
- French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada).
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit or charitable sector.
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) by 5:00 p.m. Thursday, July 29, 2021 to
Leeanne Federico, Employee Experience Specialist - HR@girlguides.ca.
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.