Accounts Receivable Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Junior/Entry level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position: Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time Employment, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Brightside Head office, Downtown Vancouver*
(*with some remote work opportunities)
Brightside Community Homes Foundation (“Brightside”) is a private-sector, non-for-profit organization that owns and manages 26 buildings across the city of Vancouver, providing affordable housing to those who struggle to meet the demands of market housing. In addition to property management, Brightside is committed to building connections within the Brightside communities that include over 1000 residents.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Brightside, we envision a future where all people have access to homes within a safe, vibrant and healthy community. We are committed to recognizing and reflecting the diversity of the people we house, the communities we build, and the talent we employ. Brightside fosters an inclusive workplace culture where ideas, individual abilities and diverse perspectives are valued and each person is encouraged to learn, develop, and contribute in a meaningful way.
Brightside is seeking to fill a full-time, permanent position on our Finance team in the role of Accounts Receivable Coordinator, reporting directly to the Director of Finance.
MAIN AREAS OF FOCUS
- To provide outstanding customer service both internally and externally
- To facilitate and process the receipt of monthly rental payments
- To prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to procedural standards.
- Provide in-person, customer service to residents, as required
- Perform accounts receivable duties, including (but not limited to): organizing, processing, and tracking all account charges and incoming payments
- Monitor and update rent roll, deposits, and pre-authorized payments
- Prepare and complete bank reconciliations, balance sheet, and general ledger (GL) reconciliations
- Schedule and host monthly A/R aging meetings to flag and action overdue accounts
- Prepare & post month-end journal entries and update working documents
- Resolve invoice issues, monitor aging accounts receivables, and assist with collection activities, as required
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities, including accounts receivable reconciliations of resident accounts
- Liaise with external and internal stakeholders to respond to questions and resolve issues
- Process semi-monthly payroll for approx. 35 employees
- Assist with annual audits
- Provide cross-training and coverage for the Accounts Payable Coordinator,
- Assist with projects and assignments and other duties, as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting (or equivalent education/experience)
- Minimum one (1) year of full-cycle accounting experience and general accounting procedures
- At least two (2) years of accounts receivable experience; preferably in a property management or social housing environment
- Proficient working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with handling high-volume transactions and projects
- Proven ability to prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and manage workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand technical concepts, act independently and take initiative required to resolve issues
- Payroll experience and experience working YARDI would be considered assets
Brightside has pledged a “Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion”; the successful incumbent will be aligned with this commitment and the Foundation’s core values. Brightside is also proud to be a certified Living Wage employer. Salary range for this position is $55,000-$60,000 per annum. A competitive extended health, dental and vision package is provided to qualified employees upon hiring.
Employer-Matching RRSP program is offered after three (3) months of successful employment. A criminal record check for working with vulnerable children and adults is required for this position.
Brightside Community Homes Foundation (“Brightside”) is a private-sector, non-profit organization that owns and manages 26 buildings across the city of Vancouver, providing affordable homes to those who struggle to meet the demands of market housing.
In 1952, inspired by the vision and dedication of a small group of people, and with the support of various levels of government, Housing Foundation of BC was incorporated under the Society Act of BC as a non-profit society providing low-cost housing to senior citizens in Vancouver.
Nearly 70 years later, with the same mandate but much larger community impact, including families and people with disabilities, the organization has rebranded as Brightside Community Homes Foundation to better reflect its mission.
Brightside currently owns and manages 26 buildings comprising of 940 units across the city of Vancouver. With assets of nearly $250 million, it is one of British Columbia’s largest housing societies. In addition to property management, Brightside is committed to building connections within the Brightside communities that include over 1000 residents.