Senior Data Associate
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- International Relief/Development/Peace
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Senior Data Associate in our Grand Challenges Canada Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting Bold Ideas with Big Impact®. Funded by the Government of Canada and other partners, Grand Challenges Canada funds innovators in low- and middle-income countries and Canada. The bold ideas Grand Challenges Canada supports integrate science and technology, social and business innovation – known as Integrated Innovation®.
One of the largest impact-first investors in Canada, and with a feminist investment approach, Grand Challenges Canada has supported a pipeline of over 1000 innovations in more than 95 countries. Grand Challenges Canada estimates that these innovations have the potential to save up to 1 million lives and improve up to 28 million lives by 2030. Grand Challenges Canada (GCC) is seeking a Senior Data Associate.
The Senior Data Associate is responsible for effective planning, provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of the organization’s Grants Management System (Fluxx).
- Manage execution of enhancements and further rollout of Fluxx within the organization
- Work with all areas of GCC to prioritize and address issues as needed
- Liaise with technical support at Fluxx to address issues as needed
- Designing and implementing changes to the configuration; activating and configuring new features and integrations
- Work with GCC’s programs team to identify and implement adjustments to improve user experience
- Work with GCC staff to plan and rollout Fluxx to team members in a manner that aligns with the organization’s priorities
- Provide group and/or one-on-one training to staff and other stakeholders
- Onboard new staff to the system
- Continue one-on-one administrator training on system backend, configuration and intermediate/advanced features
Back end support / System Administration (50%)
- Data Migrations
- Execute all change requests (liaise with vendors where necessary)
- Configure Landing Page of Grantee Portal (gcc.fluxx.io)
- Configure Applications in English and French
- Configure Workflows
- Configure all data in tables such as application budgets and core metrics
- Configure and all other forms: Registration form, Innovator Reports, Organization card, Contact card, Screening/Review cards, in addition to all custom dynamic cards (Amendment, Milestones, Audit Spot Check, etc…)
- Field management, ensuring data rolls up and reduce field duplications
- Maintain all system templates e.g. Grant Agreement (Seed) template
- Email Alerts: Management of system email notifications, including:
- Keeping system generated emails up-to-date.
- Creating and editing additional custom emails as requested by GCC staff, monitor email queue to ensure correct user groups receive emails
Project Management / Business System Analysis (20%)
- Manage execution of enhancements or further rollout of Fluxx within the organization
- Identify opportunities for improvement to user experience and ensure the utilization of the system to its full potential, to promote efficiency, effectiveness and support risk management
- Project management, change control and prioritization of requests/issues
- For all enhancement and change requests, including (billable) development work, clarify business needs, liaise between Grantbook (Implementation Partner) and Fluxx (Software Developers) when necessary, stay on budget and within project timeline and ensure proper testing prior to roll-out
- Project manage all System Integration work (e.g. Wordpress API)
- Review all program materials (e.g. RFPs, FAQs, Report templates) for clarity and consistency with respect to Fluxx
- Participate in the Canadian Fluxx User Group
Training and Support (15%)
- Create and implement Standard Operating Procedures for the entire grant cycle
- Provide group and/or one-on-one staff training & support
- Onboard new staff to system
- Manage Fluxx inbox to provide innovator support and resolve all issues including full technical review and impact analysis.
- Report all bugs, issues to Fluxx’s Zendesk and/or Customer Service Manager
Front end support (10%)
- Backup/monitor for SCHORPS data entry, registrations, contact/organization clean-up, collection of communications materials (including photos, upload to Flickr with captions for streaming on website)
- Assist and support PC tasks: assigning reviews, sending rejection emails, generating GA via Fluxx for seed projects, building custom Dashboards, etc.
- Verify and test all forms and features and ensure brand compliance
- Ad-hoc and Excel report development and maintenance
- Ongoing Data Cleaning and Verification
- Fulfil data management requests, including creating custom reports (e.g. GC partner repository project)
User Settings / Security (5%)
- User account management; maintaining roles and permissions+
- At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a relevant discipline or recognized equivalent required
- At minimum four (4) years of related grants administration, IT program support and / or project coordination experience required
- Experience implementing Grants Management Systems
- Project Management experience preferred; PMP or other certifications are an asset
- Experience developing SOPs and implementing changes to systems to increase operational efficiency
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency with word-processing, database and spreadsheet software (including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work well independently and within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line HERE. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter, and salary expectations. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Organization Description not provided