Senior Donor Relations Officer, Visionary and Volunteer Experience
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
CAMH is recognized as the organization leading the treatment, cure, and prevention of mental illness for Canada. CAMH Foundation strives to be the charity of choice for mental health philanthropy by mobilizing a significant segment of the Canadian population, and by offering donors and prospective donors multiple ways to engage with CAMH in support of mental health.
The Donor Relations Team supports fundraising efforts through the enhancement of trusting relationships between the Foundation, hospital and donors, encouraging lifetime support from individual, corporate and foundation donors with a system that provides consistent baseline recognition and stewardship and is also responsive to changing needs of the Foundation and its donors by creating tailored recognition programs.
CAMH Foundation is seeking a Senior Donor Relations Officer, Visionary and Volunteer Experience.
The Senior Donor Relations Officer, Visionary and Volunteer Experience is the business partner for Donor Managers who are responsible for Visionary donors who give more than $1million cumulatively. This role will deliver meaningful stewardship including reports, thanking, recognition and events. The role will also help develop individual donor strategies and provide seasoned counsel in the area of stewardship and engagement.
A significant deliverable of this role will be to assess and redesign the senior volunteer experience for board, cabinet and committee members. This role will work collaboratively across the organization to set and maintain a high standard of volunteer engagement.
- Work in partnership with Donor Managers to deliver meaningful stewardship including reports, thanking, recognition and events. This role is the “go to” for all Visionary donor stewardship needs (currently 60-70 individuals and organizations).
- Assist the organization in “seeing” the whole donor, understanding and responding to their individual needs and preferences. Integrate volunteer journeys with visionary donor journeys where applicable.
- Support creation, fulfillment and approval of personal thanking and recognition plans. Work closely with donor managers and Donor Relations to ensure each Visionary donor has a bespoke plan that is customized and commensurate.
- Act as a project manager for Donor Managers, Hospital leads, Finance and Communications to ensure the smooth delivery of stewardship reports and other updates for Visionary Donors. Each year this position is responsible for delivering reports and letters to over 60 donors.
- Participate in select face-to-face meetings with visionary donors.
- Project manage content creation specific to donor stewardship such as videos, web content etc. Support select stewardship and cultivation events by drafting select briefs.
- In collaboration with the Donor Relations team, support the creation of donor agreements and proposals as they relate to recognition, celebration and reporting for Visionary Donors.
- Commission meaningful gifts and acknowledgements.
- Maintain a system in Raiser’s Edge to ensure that all key future stewardship touchpoints are noted, updated, and maintained in the database. This includes Raiser’s Edge data entry and report building.
- Play an active role in the Transformational Gift team which includes Foundation CEO, Hospital CEO, and others.
- Working across the Foundation, develop volunteer experience plans that ensure our senior volunteers and key stakeholders feel like “insiders” and fundraising ambassadors. This includes onboarding, orientation, engagement opportunities and seeking feedback.
- Work with the leadership of each volunteer group to define the overall and individualized volunteer goals and then work with colleagues to ensure we deliver on those goals.
- Ensure donor-centred decision making on all projects through creation of stewardship benchmarks, best practices, project evaluation and evidence based decision making.
- Help to build an experience of CAMH that excites and engages supporters in creative ways.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure agreement, adoption and coordination.
- Build effective and collaborative teams within the Foundation and Hospital.
- A university degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience. Education in fundraising is an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated progressive and relevant experience in fundraising with increasing complexity and scope. Major Gifts fundraising and/or Donor Relations experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills especially with senior leaders, physicians, and other partners.
- Demonstrated judgment, diligence, professionalism and discretion around confidential information.
- Established ability to find the best approach or solution to highly diverse challenges.
- Strong analytical, organizational, conceptual and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities using advanced organization and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience working with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to donor relations and deep knowledge of donor-centred fundraising principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Raiser’s Edge skills. Experience with SharePoint preferred. Experience with rich media design software an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of CAMH.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
LIVING the VALUES
Each employee achieves his or her position responsibilities and activities guided by the values of CAMHF as outlined below.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Live CAMH/CAMHF values in the service of their mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another and encourage different points of view.
- Provide and accept timely, constructive feedback.
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information and keep others informed.
- Explain rationale for decisions and consider implications for others.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Define and achieve clear roles and expectations.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism and excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Keep challenging and investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
Organization Description not provided