Monthly Giving Acquisitions Coordinator
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Monthly Giving Acquisitions Coordinator
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Location: Ottawa or Toronto - Hybrid
Salary: $73,636 per annum
Travel: Some travel required between Ottawa and Toronto office
Deadline: Applications are accepted until 5pm (eastern time)Wednesday March 29, 2023
Union: Unifor Local 567
Amnesty International Canadian Section (English Speaking) also known as AICSES is looking for a passionate Monthly Giving Acquisitions Coordinator who will be responsible for raising funds through monthly giving from individual donors. This is a well-established and growing fundraising program and is critical to the success of Amnesty’s human rights work in Canada and around the globe. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has initiative, creativity, has an ability to resolve issues as they arise, and enjoys building relationships with partners and donors.
Reporting to the Monthly Giving and Data Manager, this role is primarily responsible for coordinating the recruitment and acquisition of new monthly donors through offline methods, including but not limited to face to face canvassing and telemarketing, in a manner that will result in the level of monthly giving contributions that are required to maintain and improve the program. You will work with and manage acquisition vendors and be responsible for key tasks to ensure the monthly giving program’s health and growth over the yearly cycle. These include but are not limited to managing and coordinating the Telemarketing program, project management of vendors for Face to Face canvassing, acting as a point of contact between vendors and cross departmentally (e.g. Finance, Digital Team and Communications) to ensure that there is consistency in logistics and integration within the organization, data integrity, systems checks and quality assurance. Above all, a strong candidate will work with stakeholders to ensure that the donor experience is of the highest quality.
Your experience working in monthly giving and interest in human rights, will help Amnesty International Canada strengthen its reputation as a leader in human rights both internally and externally. The Monthly Giving Digital Coordinator will join Amnesty International Canada during an exciting time as the organization moves forward with its new strategic framework. This is a transformative time for the organization, and you will have the opportunity to contribute to improved processes, practices and systems and tools towards a bold new era of equity, anti-oppression, transparency and efficiency for Amnesty International Canada.
Our ideal candidate brings a deep and abiding commitment to tackling systemic issues affecting historically marginalized employees and communities with a specific lens of anti-racism, feminism, intersectionality, and accessibility to external and internal work. This includes an ability to support in building an environment that reflects Amnesty International Canada’s promotion of a culture of respect, equity, and fairness.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The ideal candidate will work closely with the fundraising team to maintain and grow the monthly giving acquisition program through direct response channels with a strong focus on traditional offline channels such as Face to Face canvassing and Telemarketing (60%), recurring payment retention support (15%), admin and operational support (15%) and special revenue growth projects (10%) as needed. They will also act as an ambassador to protect the brand and deliver a donor-centric experience measured through first-year retention, multi-year renewal, upgrades, additional gifts, interaction with organization, satisfaction and net-promoter score. This includes the following:
Vendor and Project Management
- Work with multiple outside vendors which can include Face-to-Face fundraising, Telephone Response and Direct Mail
- Coordinate Face to Face and Telemarketing activities and campaigns. Activities include but are not limited to liaising with external vendors to execute and launch new telemarketing campaigns including overseeing the coordination of marketing resources, data requests, campaign requests, tracking acquisition targets against budget, create, update and maintain scripts, audit calls, speaking points, key messages and FAQs, coordinate back-feed files, review results and make suggestions for improvement, ensure back-end systems are functioning optimally
- Conduct weekly meetings with outside vendors on programs and administrative issues, to review fundraising results, and make recommendations for corrective action if necessary
- Track expenses and invoices, and follow-up on discrepancies with vendors on a weekly basis
- Manage and find solutions to issues with vendors as they arise, using creative approaches to problem solving and program implementation
- Be the liaison between the vendors and the Finance & Administration team and troubleshoot issues as necessary
- Create and implement annual cultivation plans for vendors, individual canvass offices and individual canvassers including supporting materials
- Work on maintaining and improving the level of monthly giving contributions generated from this fundraising program
- Liaise with Digital Team and Fundraising Data Analyst on Telemarketing campaigns and data.
Acquisition Program Coordination
- Lead and coordinate activities for the Monthly Giving Operations Team composed of members of Finance and Admin, Monthly Giving and other programs
- Ensure the smooth running and logistics of the program with particular emphasis on the point of recruitment and entry into the organization.
- Contact monthly donors to express appreciation for their donations, answer enquiries, and respond to concerns
- Participate in yearly planning of monthly giving priorities and initiatives
- Coordinate the briefing schedule, virtual or in person, of visits to vendor offices, ensuring each office receives a visit each year by Amnesty staff.
- Coordinate important mailings to monthly donors including the annual receipt mailing, general or targeted monthly giving mailings, and additional gift asks
- Manage inventory and reorder items for vendor and monthly donor fulfillment as required
- Exercise decision-making in the day-to-day operations of the role both independently and in consultation with the Monthly Giving and Data Manager and Fundraising Director as required
- Coordinate volunteers to help with executing monthly giving program related tasks, and other opportunities for assistance as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE
Amnesty International Canada is seeking an individual who can contribute to the diversity of Amnesty’s workforce and its inclusive, anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of fundraising experience, preferably in monthly giving and/or other direct response or other fundraising programs
- Post-secondary diploma/degree required, in a related field (preferably Fundraising or Marketing) with 1 or more years’ experience in the deployment and implementation of targeted multi-channel direct marketing campaigns (specifically via direct response channels) to acquire/retain/upgrade donors, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Understanding of fundamental marketing and direct response principles in either for profit or not-for-profit.
- Strong organizational, planning, critical thinking, analytical, and detailed orientated skills.
- Ability to facilitate third-party feedback and investigate requirements needed to execute time-sensitive campaigns.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, including digital environments
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation and the ability to interact with individuals from all backgrounds
- Strong listening skills and ability to elicit donor giving motivations and interests
- Demonstrated proficiency with databases and data management, with good attention to detail and experience with CRM or other databases
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams
- Proven ability to work successfully with a diverse population and in applying anti-racism, anti-oppression, diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, and an intersectional lens to their work
- Ability to contribute to the diversity of Amnesty’s workforce and its inclusive, anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices
- Proven commitment to self-development in the principles of anti-racism, anti-oppression, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects simultaneously
- Fund raising certification is desirable
- Occasional travel, evening and weekend work will be part of this role
WHY WORK FOR AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL CANADA?
Amnesty International is a movement of 10 million ordinary people in more than 150 countries who come together to achieve extraordinary results in defending and promoting human rights. We get discriminatory laws changed and prisoners of conscience released. We’ve helped stop torture, commute death sentences and worked to end violence against women. We are in solidarity with Indigenous peoples demanding that their rights be respected.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM, ANTI-OPPRESSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (ARAO-DEI)
Amnesty International Canada is committed to employment equity, actively seeks diversity in the workplace, and welcomes and encourages applications from members of equity seeking groups including women, transgender, non-binary, and LGBTI individuals; First Nations, Metis, and Inuit individuals, persons with disabilities, and members of racialized and marginalized groups. We believe our work is stronger when it benefits from the experience, knowledge and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers, and encourage applications from qualified candidates who have lived experience as a member of historically underrepresented communities.
AIC values qualified diverse candidates who bring skills that contribute to our anti-racist and anti-oppression transformational journey. At AIC, employees are expected to contribute to an inclusive environment and bring the knowledge, experience, and ability to incorporate anti-racism, anti-oppression, intersectionality, gender mainstreaming, inclusion, and accessibility practices to external and internal work and to all interpersonal interactions. Click to learn more about our Equity Journey.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Amnesty International Canada, we are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they undertake, we reward them with an attractive, sector competitive salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to develop professionally.
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge, and experience to change the world, we encourage you to join us.
Together with your resume, please forward a 1-page cover letter (250 words maximum) that includes your responses to the following questions:
- How do you relate to Amnesty International Canada’s mission?
- How would your skills and experiences (personal and professional) translate into success in a fundraising portfolio?
- What does a commitment to ARAO and DEI mean or look like to you?
Applications must be submitted electronically through out Work With Us careers page.
We thank everyone for their expression of interest-and truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying-but with the limitation of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Amnesty International Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.