- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ottawa, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Board of Directors of English Language Tutoring for the Ottawa Community (ELTOC) is seeking an Executive Director/Program Coordinator to provide leadership and direction for its highly motivated, committed, achievement focused and service‐oriented organization.
English Language Tutoring for the Ottawa Community.
Founded in 1991, English Language Tutoring for the Ottawa Community (ELTOC) is a non‐profit charitable organization that provides individualized and accessible English as a Second Language (ESL) tutoring to adult newcomers who cannot attend regular classes. Learners are matched with ELTOC‐trained volunteers in the community, thereby helping them gain the confidence and community ties that will help them integrate into Canadian society. For more information visit: www.eltoc.ca.
Accountable to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director/Program Coordinator (ED) of ELTOC is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, managing and evaluating ELTOC’s operational program activities and office administration.
- Plan, organize, direct, manage and evaluate ELTOC’s operational program activities and office administration, including program development, service delivery, budgetary and financial management, communication with funding agencies, human resource management, implementation of plans and policies, fundraising and donor management, and communication with the ESL community, the media, and other interest groups.
- Prepare funding applications/proposals and negotiate with funding agencies. Prepare briefs, written reports, financial claims, and other information as required by the funding agency, and monitor and ensure contractual obligations to funder(s) are met. Identify new sources of funding as required.
- In collaboration with the Treasurer and working closely with the bookkeeper, oversee financial management including budget preparation and financial statements.
- Establish effective financial controls and accounting procedures, monitor the status of the operating budget and financial situation.
- Human resource management including hiring, training and supervision of personnel and independent contractors.
- Monitor legislative changes including employment and occupational health and safety, privacy (PIPEDA) and charitable organization requirements.
- Oversee and lead program delivery and services, monitor program effectiveness and efficiency, and adapt the program to meet the changing needs of ELTOC’s stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop long‐term strategies and plans for program improvement and future development.
- Bachelor’s degree or more in social sciences, administration, marketing, finance, management or another relevant field
- A minimum of five to ten (5‐10) years of non‐profit experience in a management position
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders and outside organizations
- Experience dealing with government funding agencies
- Experience with online collaborative technology, video chat apps, document collaboration and learning management systems
- Experience performing program and human resource management remotely
- Experience working with people from a variety of cultural and language backgrounds
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite, Internet and Windows
- Excellent report writing skills (call for proposals, funding requests, business cases)
- Excellent administrative skills
- Familiar with LINC, ESL, settlement and literacy programs in the Ottawa region
- Experience in the education sector, an asset
- Available to work flexible hours to meet work demands as required
- Available to attend meetings/conferences/events outside normal working hours as required
- Valid Ontario driver’s license, work related car insurance and use of a reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to provide a clear police records check
Full-time - 35 hrs/week (6 unpaid days during closed office times)
$64,800 plus approx. 8.5% RRSP direct deposit = equivalent of $70,300 annually
Deadline to Apply:
March 13, 2021
Early April 2021
Please submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to email@example.com
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all those who express an interest in this employment opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.