Volunteer Program Manager (SDI Program Manager)
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
- Responsible for the oversight; monitoring, reporting, and implementation of the SDI project plan, including:
- Plan and implement a service delivery model that supports the integration process of newcomers into the community and society-at-large.
- Support strategic planning and the development of objectives, measurable outcomes and work plans.
- Manages the budget for the SDI grant, including fund allocation, account attribution, cash flow updates and reporting.
- Recruits, hires, manages, disciplines, and provides leadership to the program team and volunteers.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of the volunteer training program, and ensure appropriate supports are in place for a positive, meaningful volunteer experience
- Manages marketing and outreach to potential volunteers through social and printed media, cold calls and in-person presentations to relevant organizations, communities, private individuals, etc.
- Organizes investments to support service provider organizations in harnessing volunteers and generating innovative approaches to improve service delivery efficiency and effectiveness, and to better respond to newcomer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services related field or interdisciplinary studies.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience including program management and/or supervising experience.
- Demonstrate experience in program operations and development, program budget management, evaluation and grant reporting.
- Knowledge and experience working in the Not-for-Profit Sector.
- Experience in managing volunteers and/or employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and social media
- Committed to program evaluation; skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis and research.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Fluency in Russian, Hebrew and other languages is an asset.
JIAS Toronto is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to helping immigrants with resettlement in the Greater Toronto Area. JIAS Toronto assists lawfully admitted immigrants and refugees in meeting basic financial, social, legal and other requirements of immigration. At JIAS Toronto, we welcome, support and integrate immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish community of tomorrow.