- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Etobicoke, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LOCATION: Hartsdale location (Etobicoke, ON)
POSITION TYPE: Full-time fixed-term (37.5 hours/week; 12-months)
POSTING CLOSING DATE: July 8, 2022
Lumenus is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
Lumenus believes that immunization against COVID-19 is an individual and societal responsibility and that we must do everything possible to protect our clients, families, employees, students, volunteers and contractors against the spread of COVID-19. As a condition of employment, proof of full vaccination or exemption under the Ontario Human Rights Code must be submitted to Human Resources seven (7) calendar days prior to start date.
Lumenus Community Services is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide reception and administrative support at 65 Hartsdale.
Lumenus Community Services is a dynamic and growing agency. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits package and RRSP, ongoing training and career development opportunities!
This position is responsible for effectively managing the reception area and providing a broad range of administrative support.
- Provides a welcoming environment for Lumenus employees, people supported by Lumenus and their families, and members of the public;
- Receives incoming telephone calls and/or visitors; providing relevant information and/or directing them to the appropriate parties/resources;
- Manages and processes all daily incoming and outgoing emails, mail and couriers, including opening, sorting, stamping and distribution; preparation of outgoing courier items and arranging courier pick-up;
- Performs administrative duties e.g. preparing documents, data entry, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, filing and as required;
- Arranges/coordinates meeting requests in a timely manner and make necessary room set-up arrangements, as required. Ensures meeting rooms have been organized, cleaned, prepared and ready for daily meetings; order and/or prepare meeting refreshments and lunches as required;
- Ensures that office space including kitchen area (if applicable) are kept clean and hazard free;
- Acts as a liaison with building maintenance for related matters and follow up on maintenance requests;
- Ensures ongoing general equipment maintenance and supplies;
- Assists with office furniture inventory and key records;
- Assists with monitoring and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels of office and PPE supplies, order and organize supplies for staff, the office and maintain the supply room and kitchen areas;
- Provides general support to Hartsdale’s programs which includes but not limited to manage, monitor and update closed client files database, coordinate the secure and confidential storage of files.
- Attentive to and follow up on supplies order and service request tickets.
- Ensures that agency policies and accreditation standards are met and any changes are communicated and adhered to;
- Adheres to the organizational health and safety policies and practices along with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act. This includes but is not limited to ensuring safe workplace practices, protecting the health and safety of themselves and others and maintaining cleanliness in the workplace.
- Business diploma or other with equivalent experience;
- 1-2 years’ administrative assistant or receptionist experience;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of programs;
- Fully bilingual French/English both spoken and written is an asset.
- Occasional evening and overtime may be required;
- Travel to other Lumenus offices to attend meetings or to provide reception back-up;
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening program.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to visit our website at https://lumenus.ca/careers/ and submit their cover letter and resume through our Career Centre on or before July 8, 2022.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.