Specialist, Brand & Marketing
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
WWF-Canada is a national conservation organization with an instantly recognizable brand and hundreds of thousands of supporters as well as Indigenous, academic, community and corporate partners from all regions of the country. As part of a global network, we have a half century history of fighting to strengthen and protect Canadian nature. Our vision is: A Canada with abundant wildlife, where nature and people thrive.
With our ambitious new 10-year strategic plan WWF-Canada commits fearlessly and determinedly to protect and conserve Canada’s nature and wildlife and the people that draw meaning and life from it. The global nature crisis, playing out at an unprecedented rate and intensified by the climate crisis, demand it. Our strategic approach includes:
Setting ten-year goals to allow for systematic, multi-year partnerships and actions to increase understanding and impact.
Learning from and partnering with Indigenous communities including supporting Indigenous-led conservation.
Basing our actions on evidence-based information and analysis, including our on-going leadership within the conservation sector in providing foundational scientific analysis.
Taking actions that maximize return on investment, consistent with conservation goals, such as addressing biodiversity loss and climate breakdown at the same time. (e.g. targeting our work to areas of species at risk where improving habitat will improve natural carbon storage and the ability of the area to adapt to climate change over time).
Establishing measurable and timed targets along with development and implementation of an impact tracking tool.
The Specialist, Brand & Marketing is an organized, creative, and process-driven individual, who will deliver on successful multiplatform campaigns. This individual will be part of an evolving marketing team and be an integral part of the overall Marcom team, with direct touch points to other departments across the organization.
This individual will work closely with fellow team leads from other areas of the organization to collaboratively build promotional strategies that will help WWF-Canada meet its conservation, fundraising, and public engagement goals. The Specialist will be hands-on, representing marketing at project team meetings and building relationships with internal partners and external vendors and agencies. The Specialist will develop detailed workback schedules and project plans and will be responsible for the success tracking and subsequent analytics to demonstrate ROI.
- Act as marketing lead on project teams to devise and implement strategies, provide insights and recommendations to help achieve campaign goals.
- Develop and manage workback schedules for marketing deliverables.
- Plan and execute campaigns, ensuring deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Work with external vendors (agencies, freelance designers) to brief them on project goals and manage delivery of innovative and on-brand marketing solutions.
- Leverage data and insights to inform campaign strategy, content, and tactics.
- Define clear objectives for each campaign, measuring and analyzing success.
- Coordinate and execute across donor segments, industries, and regions, using a number of channels; including email, events, social, partnerships, and working with in-house analytic teams and ad agencies.
- Assist support requests from internal staff (ex. design requests, image sourcing).
- Produce post campaign learnings and reports.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years of marketing experience.
- 1-2 years of project management experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks within time sensitive deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in internal and external collaborations to achieve objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital marketing best practices and strategy, creative development, and brief writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills with a strong business partner mindset.
- Commitment to conservation and sustainability.
- Experience in the charitable sector, an asset.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- Where did you see this posting?
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before September 5, 2022, 5pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call or email. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.