- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
This is a term position until October 2024 and is eligible for our group benefits plan and participation in our defined benefit pension plan.
AFMC is undertaking a behavioral change campaign that will lead to respectful, kind and compassionate learning, training and working environments for the health and wellness of all our people and places. The Communication Specialist will work closely with stakeholders and committees, and will provide key support for the development of knowledge translation and dissemination products, as well as branding and promotional project materials.
- Research and synthesize complex concepts and information to inform knowledge translation development;
- Produce effective, creative, written communications for internal and external audiences in clear, concise and appropriate language;
- Initiate, develop, and implement new communication vehicles/channels aimed at promoting the campaign (i.e. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn);
- Develop recommendations and discussion papers based on research, analysis, environmental scanning, and organizational priorities;
- Develop and deliver presentations and other promotional materials related to the campaign activities;
- Produce and publish press releases and other materials;
- Report annually to sponsor;
- Report quarterly on sustainability strategy execution to Executive Group, leveraging engagement and evaluation results;
- Promote the campaign to target groups and the general public;
- Provide written and oral briefings as required;
- Monitor and assess source reliability and bias when it comes to information gathering and communication development;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with campaign development and promotion;
- College diploma, university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with and influence stakeholders;
- Ability to approach topics and problems from various perspectives and convey communications articulately and analytically;
- Previous experience in health care sector;
- Strong writing, editing and public speaking skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships in a team setting and build collaborative cross-functional relationships;
- Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexible and capable of multi-tasking with several competing requests and changing priorities;
- Experience managing multiple projects and delivering quality results under tight timelines;
- Highly motivated, positive attitude and the ability to work independently;
- Keen attention to detail, effective time management skills and ability to learn quickly;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Ability to resolve routine questions and problems and know when to refer more complex issues to Supervisor;
- Willing to travel occasionally, work flexible hours or overtime to meet project deadlines.
- Bilingual (English and French) oral, written and reading comprehension skills (Essential);
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the complex documents; and
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints in both languages.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand and occasionally required to walk or move around a physical or remote office environment;
- May be asked to lift and move up to 15lbs.
The work environment described is a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The AFMC is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and belongingness in our operations and throughout our work environments and seek to employ individuals who share a commitment to promote and practice these principles. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, the AFMC will make appropriate accommodations available. As required, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment process to ensure your equal participation.
Applications will be accepted until July 2, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.