Counsellor, Working Together with Families, 0-6
- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth, and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centered, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental, and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Working Together with Families, 0-6 program. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving children, youth and families, be flexible and have superior interpersonal and communication skills.
In this .80 (56 hours) CONTRACT Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Conduct in home sessions utilizing evidenced based/evidenced informed interventions
- Provide parents/caregivers with individual parenting support and intervention
- Complete a comprehensive, strength-based, ecological assessment, treatment and goal plan, individual to the client
- Manage crisis situations placing child at risk of being placed outside of the home
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with collaborating agencies
- Maintain professional documentation in the form of assessments, progress reports, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Work flexible hours related to the needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Regularly transport clients in own vehicle, as required
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp on or before. This position will be posted until filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or post-secondary degree in related field
- Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body under the Psychotherapy Act
- Minimum of three years experience working with families, children, and youth
- Training/experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, structural family therapy, crisis therapy/management, behaviour management, assessing parental capacity and attachment theory/therapy with sound working knowledge of the CFSA
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-need clients utilizing a goal-focused approach
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,230 – $55,275 (.80 FTE)
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: case management, family services, family therapist, youth engagement, clinician, psychotherapist, social work, mental health, child and family counsellor
Organization Description not provided