Housing Support Worker
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- King City, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Housing Support Worker is responsible for providing a range of services that support the physical, social and mental wellbeing of the LOFT Crosslinks Housing & Support Services Program residents and facilities. This includes assisting residents in their daily living activities, (such as: medication management, budgeting, cooking and cleaning), helping them to sustain their support network (e.g. family, emotional and medical) and maintaining the established routines of the program. The position is key to ensuring the smooth operation of the property, the adherence by the residents to all security, fire, general health and safety practices
The Housing Support Worker in partnership with other relevant program staff and the client to develop and carry out support plans with residents, and provide crisis intervention as needed in order to ensure a safe living situation. Travel within CLHIN catchment area and occasionally to the downtown Toronto office location is an expectation of the position.
*Note: This position is associated with scattered settings which require to work in resident rooms and may be exposed to second hand smoke. A valid driver’s license, use of a car, and insurance to transport clients is essential. A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Completion of a degree/diploma in Human Services
- Minimum of two years related experience providing support to vulnerable adults with serious mental illnesses and addictions
- Experience working in a residential setting is an asset
- An understanding of the therapeutic relationship, and an ability to come to agreement with clients on goals/priorities while respecting their autonomy and individuality
- Will be required to assist in cleaning units with individuals, common spaces or in preparing units for occupancy
- Counseling and responding skills, ability to interact with clients in a positive and supportive manner
- Crisis intervention skills, with well developed problem solving abilities
- Ability to utilise computer data base/word program
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organise activities and engage residents
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact effectively with groups;
- Day and evening availability and occasional weekends
- A valid driver’s license, use of a car, and insurance to transport clients is required
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Upon request, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994 to discuss your accommodation requirements.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-deserving communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “HOUSING SUPPORT WORKER” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ANY EMAILS.
CLOSING DATE: March 13, 2021