Director of Operations
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Downtown Toronto (Central Bay Street), ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
LEAF is hiring a Director of Operations!
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - JOB POSTING
The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a national, feminist, non-profit organization that works to advance the equality rights of women and girls in Canada through litigation, law reform and public legal education. For more than 30 years, LEAF’s work has influenced the evolution of constitutional equality principles in Canada and made an important difference in the daily lives of women and girls across the country. We are seeking a Director of Operations to be based out of our Toronto office, working a combination of virtually and in-person, in line with current health precautions.
LEAF pursues gender equality in Canada by working with a broad base of feminists and social-justice seeking organizations. Our new Director of Operations will be motivated by LEAF’s mandate and excited to work with staff and volunteers to ensure our sustainable capacity to promote equality in Canada. Reporting to LEAF’s Executive Director & General Counsel (ED&GC), the Director of Operations is responsible for the day to day management, human resources and financial management of the organization. The Director of Operations will manage activities to support the legal program, lead a team of professional staff, and assist the ED&GC. They will create a supportive environment that fosters transparency, personal accountability and commitment to LEAF’s goals and values to advance women and girls’ substantive equality through law reform litigation, and public education.
- Demonstrated experience managing non-profit operations, including managerial leadership of a professional staff, in areas such as communications, fund development, finance, human resources, and/or office administration
- Strong management skills including human resource management, financial management, change management, and strategic thinking and planning
- Proven ability to develop and motivate a strong cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills including advanced communication skills and effective management of diverse key stakeholder relationships
- Experience in dealing with funding organizations, including ongoing development and reporting
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience working with DonorPrefect; MailChimp; Quickbooks; Microsoft Excel
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with equality and feminist legal issues
- Understanding of the law as it relates to gender equity and/or experience operating in a legal environment an asset
- Maintains an informed, anti-racist and anti-oppressive orientation in personal and professional affairs
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers on boards and committees
- Ability to build positive working relationships, work effectively in teams, and identify organizational opportunities and new ideas
- Understanding and commitment to the LEAF’s mandate and intersectional feminist values
- English / French bilingualism is an asset
Salary range: $105,000 – $120,000. LEAF offers a competitive benefits package and is committed to excellence as a workplace.
LEAF is committed to building a diverse staff team and encourages applications from candidates from Equity-Seeking groups who bring important perspectives to the work. Members of Equity-Seeking groups face collective barriers to participating in society due to historic, social, attitudinal and environmental marginalization based on race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality and other challenges to equal access, opportunities and resources.
Anticipated start date: January 4th, 2021
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, reference “Director of Operations”. Please submit the following as a single attachment: your cover letter, your resume and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until noon (Eastern) on November 9, 2020. We anticipate interviewing during the week of November 16th.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
For more information about LEAF, please visit our website at http://www.leaf.ca/.