- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Newmarket, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
DATE: January 22, 2021
LOCATION: Newmarket, ON
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving over 5300 people and providing 1654 units of supportive housing last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. In 2018 LOFT was a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring an Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and coordinating tasks. The Executive Assistant assists the Director of Crosslinks in the day-to-day operation of LOFT-Crosslinks program by providing administrative support services, while contributing to LOFT’s communication activities as required. During COVID work from home using virtual platforms will likely be required.
*Note: A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is a requirement of employment.*
- Post-secondary education in business administration, communications, or a related field, or equivalent in education/experience
- Extensive administrative experience with 2 or more years’ experience in senior administrative roles
- Strong competency re computer skills- Microsoft office, Visio
- Ability to utilize virtual platforms
- Highly professional and comfort working with people who experience mental health and addiction issues
- Highly developed Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Planning and organizational skills
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework;
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by the program, a strong asset
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources,
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting email@example.com or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity-seeking communities and intersecting identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE: “Executive assistant - newmarket” in the subject line of any emails.
CLOSING DATE: February 7, 2021