Manager of Fundraising
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Abbotsford, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Tabor Village is a registered faith-based non-profit organization with approximately 350 staff and 300 residents/tenants being served in four senior-focused residential properties, ranging from independent living to complex care. Serving the community since 1959, Tabor Village assists seniors of all faiths and backgrounds from the Fraser Valley by providing “Care from the Heart” with comprehensive housing and care services and programs.
Our upcoming project, Transforming Tabor Village, begins with the Tabor Centre for Living, a 154-bed multi-function home that will have the ability to provide innovative and dignified Long-Term Complex Care to seniors in need, within the context of a person-centred approach.
The estimated cost of this project is approximately $40 million and Tabor Village is in the process of raising $11 million to support the development of the project. We have currently raised over $4.8 million.
The Fundraising Officer will drive the fundraising activities for Tabor Village, with a priority set on this project, through personal and corporate donations and by selling naming rights for different sections of the facility, through marketing, stewardship, and promoting to community groups, individuals and the corporate sector. The right person for this role is passionate and enthusiastic about making a difference in people’s lives. You are self-motivated, work well in a fast-paced environment, and are an excellent communicator. You exhibit a healthy balance of truly caring from the heart for people while maintaining fiscal responsibility and achieving financial goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work within the defined organizational strategic plan and existing campaign plan while also offering insights and solutions to further strategic priorities.
- Identify potential contacts and outreach to existing supporters including direct solicitation of interest from target supporters for naming rights for different sections of the proposed facility.
- Review Tabor Village’s funding sources for prospects and coordinate the production of funding requests to meet all requirements.
- Manage and support our existing grant writer to increase optimal chances of successful awards.
- Prepare, promote and organize fundraising events and activities, and arrange sponsors for the fundraising events – annual fundraising gala, etc.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to develop and prepare promotional materials – brochures, presentations, and advertisements to raise awareness of the Transforming Tabor Village project.
- Communicate clearly and consistently to support donor administrator in maintaining a database of all fundraising activities – donors, sponsors and dollar amounts.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly fundraising activity reports to Tabor Village management.
- Identify new prospects from outside the current donor pool, cultivate those relationships and identify gift opportunities that match the donor interest, make recommendations on prospective sources of fundraising and secure major gifts from these prospects.
- Proactively explore options for identifying major donor prospects from the corporate sector and participate in donor/prospect cultivation, identifying donation, sponsorship and naming opportunities for the DV project.
- Promote Legacy/ Endowment opportunities to potential donors.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of prior fundraising experience is required including managing or coordinating fundraising activities; and completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or the equivalent of education and experience.
- Knowledge of legacy / endowment funding is desirable.
- Experience working with a faith-based community is an asset.
- Prior experience working with non-profit organizations is required.
- Proven experience in soliciting donations and sponsorships from the corporate sector is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including speaking in a compelling way about Tabor Village, its mission, vision, values and funding goals with individuals and groups within the corporate and foundation sectors.
- Excellent organizational, time management, project management and follow-up skills with a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and successful handling of multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work both independent and collaboratively.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude, and high level of flexibility.
- Excellent Public Speaking and Presentation skills.
- Comfort in engaging in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate donors and sponsors.
- Eagerness/ability to identify challenges and implement solutions.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to work closely with the Communications Coordinator for fundraising and promotion.
- Fluency in a second language, German, Punjabi, and/or Hindi is an asset.
Other Attributes and Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; possibly including some evenings and weekends for events, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle insured for business use and $2 million liability.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, stating salary expectation. Please use the job title as the email subject.
(Tabor Village is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.)