IT Team Lead
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. The IT team at GGC includes professionals focused on IT projects, information systems, data and reporting, digital transformation and applications integration. Our systems serve 80,000 volunteers and members as well as systems for staff across Canada
GGC is actively searching for an IT Team Lead.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
The IT Team Lead will provide leadership and oversight to the subset of the IT team responsible for GGC’s network, cloud infrastructure, on premises infrastructure, manage the vendor(s) who provide support for our end users and key infrastructure, and help provide risk oversite and recommend mitigation strategies.
The IT Team Lead will:
- Oversee IT team members responsible for GGC’s network, infrastructure and cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and oversee the external vendor(s) that provide support GGC’s critical infrastructure and primary support to our end users.
- Identify and recommend risk mitigation strategies for IT systems and processes.
- Oversee 3rd party risk assessments and testing of our systems.
- Oversee the helpdesk relating to IT systems and endpoints ensuring support tickets are updated, delegated/escalated appropriately and resolved in a timely manner; help Customer Care Centre staff develop deeper knowledge and expertise to resolve more complex problems and ensure end-users are updated with timely IT service bulletins and relevant information.
- Collaborate with the data systems people, IT projects people, digital transformation people, applications and systems integrations developer and various vendors on various projects and day to day work.
- Identify user experience pain points and challenges and make recommendations process/system functionality improvements. Measure and report on effectiveness.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure systems comply with policy and regulatory security and privacy requirements.
- Ensure knowledge base, systems and process documentation, user guides, configuration documentation and instructional manuals are maintained by the team.
- Oversee administration of identity and access management to IT infrastructure and privileged information stores (file shares, SharePoint, Applications).
- Provide support on escalated tickets when required.
- Utilize technical skills to assist the team with Azure, network and infrastructure work.
- Actively participate in developing and implementing strategies to innovate, improve efficiency and effectiveness of IT processes and solutions and adherence to best practices.
- As required, provide guidance to prioritization of the team’s workload and utilization.
- Mentor, guide, coach and encourage the performance of team members.
- Maintain qualifications and continuous learning relevant to your role.
You are the model candidate if you have:
- Post-Secondary degree in IT or related discipline.
- 5 + years of experience in an IT generalist role or comparable role (Network, infrastructure, endpoint) or equivalent IT management experience.
- Experience in leading and motivating a small team, previous IT management experience ideal.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with MS Azure Infrastructure.
- Intuitive demonstrable understanding of IT security and risk identification and mitigation.
- Experience working with a combination of internal and outsourced IT support.
- Computer software proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You embody the attributes of our core DNA – welcoming, imaginative, courageous and enthusiastic.
- MS Azure Infrastructure certification.
- Risk and/or security certifications.
- Working experience with a Non-Profit organization.
This position will be posted until filled and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
Leisa McKenzie – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GdC encourages applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to contribute to our organization’s initiatives.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.