Support Worker – Planning Services
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Mississauga, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Community Living Mississauga has been a source of support for people who have an intellectual disability since 1955. Community Living Mississauga provides a variety of supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability, including: residential supports, employment resources, community engagement, Supported Independent Living, respite, and various day support options. Our mission is to provide support to people to ensure their quality of life in the community is meaningfully improved, promoting inclusion and independence.
For more information about Community Living Mississauga, we invite you to visit our website at www.clmiss.ca.
Working under the guidance of a Manager, this position is responsible for providing planning services to people and their families.
- Provide planning services to people supported and their families, with a goal to increase independence and autonomy.
- Keep informed about and utilize the resources available in the community.
- Research, develop and present Person-Directed Plans, with tangible resources and actions, for each referral received.
- Work directly with people and their families to plan for their future. Provide creative and innovative ways to plan for the future, breaking down any barriers to autonomy that may exist.
- Provide support to build and nurture community partnerships, in conjunction with the people supported and their families.
- Contribute to the development and presentation of Information Sessions.
- Manage wait list for referrals to Planning Services, ensuring timely completion.
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma (preferred), Social Services Worker Diploma, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, with a minimum 1 year experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- University degree with a minimum 1 year experience working or volunteering with people who have an intellectual disability.
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2), access to a reliable vehicle and Insurance.
- Current valid First Aid/CPR certificate required.
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with families as necessary.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Bilingualism in English/French or other language would be considered an asset.
Why Join our Team?
Community Living Mississauga is a leader in providing support to people who have an intellectual disability. You will be joining a diverse, inclusive and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of people. We offer:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful difference in someone’s life.
- On-going learning and career development opportunities.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sports and more.
- Membership in a defined contribution pension plan (subject to meeting eligibility requirements).
- Flexible schedule.
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Employee Recognition & Rewards Programs.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive and inclusive work environment.
Community Living Mississauga is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees and people who receive supports and services. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and the people we support, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at Community Living Mississauga. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination.
Community Living Mississauga values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, including accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Please apply directly on our website: https://www.clmiss.ca/careers/.