Digital Campaign Project Manager
- Job Type
- Contract / Part Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Arts & Culture
- Impact Category
- Social Good
- Company Type
About this position
Leading up to the 20th-anniversary special presentation of da Kink in My Hair by Trey Anthony, Soulpepper will produce a digital campaign called “Pepper for Your Soul” on TikTok to invite women of colour to share their own personal stories about their relationship with hair.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Digital Campaign Project Manager on contract to plan and oversee the Project beginning mid-September, with the campaign itself beginning midOctober. The Campaign will involve creating short video provocations from the Creative Team of ‘da Kink, to which users are invited to duet with and share their own stories. The collection of stories submitted by users will potentially be shared on large screens in the Soulpepper lobby.
“Pepper for Your Soul” is a not a marketing campaign. It is a radical experiment to activate digital stages to build a new audience. Can we go from telling 8 stories to 8 million stories
DIGITAL CAMPAIGN PROJECT MANAGER ROLE
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Reporting to Soulpepper’s Director of Partnerships and Development, the Digital Campaign Project Manager’s role is to oversee and implement the execution of this project from start to finish. Primary responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Work collaboratively with Soulpepper teams to develop and amplify the Campaign’s core messages and provocations;
- Create detailed outreach strategy comprising an exhaustive list of relevant influencers, community leaders, and fans;
- Send personalized invites to outreach list and manage relationships with involved communities to build momentum in campaign;
- In conjunction with Soulpepper staff, oversee production of TikTok videos starring ‘da kink’s Creative Team and other Soulpepper artists;
- In collaboration with Soulpepper’s Development and Executive Team, develop an evaluation framework for the Project (with objectives and results targets);
- Track engagement metrics and document progress against evaluation targets;
- Draft a Final Report summarizing activities, metrics, and impact for Soulpepper and external funders;
- Documenting user submissions and preparing video files for presentation.
- Lived experience of the subject matter as a woman of colour;
- Deeply immersed in social media trends and culture, most importantly TikTok;
- Has a passion for community and storytelling;
- Superior organizational skills and relevant project management experience;
- Highly motivated creative and strategic thinker with superior interpersonal skills;
- Confident in community outreach to encourage participation in the campaign.
The Digital Campaign Project Manager is a part-time contract, commencing Sept 19, 2022 to Nov 18, 2022, with an estimated average of 15-20 hours/wk. during the duration of the project. The working hours are flexible and may be done remotely, but the PM will be required to attend regular meetings with Soulpepper’s team during regular business hours.
The total contract is a flat fee of $8,000 (+HST if applicable), to be paid in instalments with ⅓ upon signing, ⅓ on Oct 1st, and remaining ⅓ on completion of final deliverables.
In light of the impact of COVID-19 and, in particular, the continuing concerns with variants of COVID-19, Public Health recommendations, and the ready availability of the COVID-19 vaccine, Soulpepper has introduced a mandatory vaccination policy. Soulpepper is strictly mandating that all Employees and Third-Party Companies confirm they have been fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO). New employees must provide proof of being fully vaccinated no later than 2-weeks prior to their first scheduled day on any Premises. The Company will consider any request for accommodation by an employee who is unable to be vaccinated for bona fide and certified medical reasons, in line with the Human Rights Code
Soulpepper Theatre Company’s (Soulpepper) vision is to share vital stories that connect us all. Led by Executive Director, Gideon Arthurs and Artistic Director, Weyni Mengesha, Soulpepper’s home is the Young Centre for the Performing Arts situated in the historic Distillery District in Corktown in downtown Toronto. Soulpepper delivers on that mission by producing a year-round season of over 500 events, including plays, concerts, musicals, festivals and presentations. Soulpepper plays a vital civic role in our community through free education programs, Community Conversation series, paid artist training, environmental sustainability initiatives, and newcomer welcome programs.
Soulpepper is an organization committed to pursuing Radical Inclusion that is building a program and organization where everyone’s experience is both valued and reflected.