- Job Type
- Full Time
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Category
About this position
The Web Designer will provide on-going support in the day-to-day activities and execution of Marketing and Digital Communications campaigns. The Web Designer will help create collateral for print, web, email, mobile and social media activities.
• Work with the department teams to provide updates to their internal intranet and external web content.
• Create email designs for one time and yearly events.
• Create and convert raw images and layouts into CSS/HTML themes.
• Ensures quality control and a consistent overall look and feel
• Communicate to the Digital Media Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to CDA.
• Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
• Highly motivated, dynamic self-starter who is well organized with excellent time-management and project management
• Strong graphic, typography and web design skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, and experience working with CRM software, website design.
• HTML, CSS
• SEO, Web Best Practices and Standards, Accessibility and Usability.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education in web design or 2+ years equivalent experience
• Previous non-profit experience would be considered an asset
Please include the following in your application:
• Cover Letter
• Link to online portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of design principles and current design trends