Family / Child and Youth Therapist (supporting LGBTQ2+ community in west Toronto)
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- York, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Job Title: Family / Child and Youth Therapist (supporting LGBTQ2+ community in west Toronto)
Salary Range: $57,155.42
Competition #: 2019-26
Start Date: October 2019-September, 2020 (Full-Time Temporary position with possibility of extension (35hrs/wk./FTE 1.0)
Location- 2010 Eglinton Avenue West & West Toronto Youth Hub
Yorktown Family Services provides a comprehensive range of mental health services for children, youth and families who are experiencing serious emotional/social/behavioural difficulties along with several gender based violence initiatives. Yorktown is committed to ensuring that all programs produce effective and positive outcomes for clients through evaluation, research and the incorporation of evidence-based services and practices whenever possible. We are committed to inclusiveness and diversity at all levels of the organization.
Yorktown is currently seeking a Family / Child and Youth Therapist who will join the team of professionals at Yorktown to support the LGBTQ2+ community in west Toronto.
Yorktown requires a skilled and enthusiastic family and child therapist with fluency in English to provide clinical services to a diverse population. This position is located within our Family Child and Youth counselling service and provides a range of individual, family, group and walk in services to a complex and multi-cultural clientele. This particular position is focused towards providing service or consults related to LGBTQ2+ identifying members of our community in west Toronto.
A primary component of this position will be providing single session and brief services to support the Agency’s Walk In service delivery model. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of a range of treatment services including individual, family and/or group counselling, brief therapy with children, youth and families, Trauma Assessments and TF-CBT Treatment.
- Service coordination and working collaboratively with Child Welfare and partner agencies is an important aspect of the role.
- Services may be delivered at the Centre or in the community as needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of a range of treatment services including individual, family and/or group counselling, brief therapy with children, youth and families, Trauma Assessments and TF-CBT Treatment and intake assessment.
- Services may be delivered at Yorktown or in the community as needed.
- To provide brief SFBT counselling within our walk-in services at the West Toronto Youth Hub clinic
- Provide ongoing therapy services to children, youth, young adults, and families from birth to 29 years on age.
- Provide therapy services for referrals from primary health including hospitals, physicians, and Ontario Health Teams.
- S.W., or equivalent Clinical Masters and several years clinical experience grounded in a strengths-based, systemic perspective with children, youth and families
- 2+ years of experience providing treatment to members of the LGBTQ2+ community
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the college of social service workers or college of registered psychotherapists (RSW or RP), or other counselling college
- Minimum two years relevant children’s mental health experience with preference for experience using evidence based clinical models such as CBT, TF-CBT, and SFBT
- Enthusiasm and skill working to support change with a multi-challenged, diverse client population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing
- Superb interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Demonstrated skills and experience working in collaboration with other service providers
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings is essential
- Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
- Assets include, experience running groups and fluency in a second language
- Access to a reliable vehicle is a definite asset
Reports to the Manager, Clinical and System Services
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 416-394-2689 by September, 16th 2019. Please quote “Competition #2019-26 and Job title in the subject line.
Yorktown Family Services is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
Yorktown Family Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Organization Description not provided