- Job Type
- Part time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
WellFort is seeking Part time Dentist for our Health n’ Smiles Clinic!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Obtains complete medical history and verifies/applies medical history prior to treatment.
- Performs complete oral examinations, formulates comprehensive treatment plans, informs clients of and obtains consent for treatment plans including hygiene.
- Performs recall exams and works in conjunction with hygiene team to ensure comprehensive oral health of clients on a regular basis.
- Performs non-emergency dental treatments such as restorations, crown and bridge, endodontic, periodontal.
- Experienced and comfortable performing difficult extractions.
- Primarily providing treatment to senior patients.
- Comfortable treating patients with complex medical history.
- Responsible for fabrication of dental prosthetic appliances.
- Prescribes antibiotics and administers local anesthetics.
- Orders and interprets x-rays.
- Supervises care provided by Dental Assistants.
- Performs universal precaution procedures for infection control.
- Charts in accordance with the clinic’s dental charting guidelines and standards.
- Degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery, licensed and in good standing with Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario.
- Experience working in a community dental clinic or in a public health environment is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with clients and staff in a community clinic.
- Familiar and comfortable with working in a values based organization.
- Languages relevant to the residents of Peel Region a definite asset.
The successful candidate must have a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and to participate in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca
Salary range: $ 110,000-$140,000 (prorated to FTE)
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by January 29, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “DENTIST0120” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity.