- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Mississauga, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
For more than 30 years, we have dedicated ourselves to helping diverse Canadians and newcomers achieve their full potential. Today, we are one of the largest providers of employment, newcomer, language, and youth services in the Greater Toronto Area. Our dedicated team of nearly 400 staff delivers a wide range of innovative, high-quality, and personalized programs and services that empower our clients to prosper and our communities to thrive.
We thrive in a OneAchev culture where collaboration and an integrated service delivery will positively impact Achev’s resiliency, agility, success, and growth.
Join us in helping diverse Canadians and newcomers achieve their full potential!
Achev’s latest Impact Report: www.Achev.ca
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of New Business Development, the Research Analyst (RA) will be integral to Achev’s Business Development (BD) team. The BD team is responsible for promptly responding to government funders’ call for proposals (CFP) and crafting comprehensive proposal submissions that represent Achev’s core values and enhance the quality of life for clients in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and all across Canada. This position requires an analytical and detail-oriented individual to support our business development operations. The research analyst’s responsibilities include researching, collecting, analyzing, interpreting data and using the data to guide the department’s decision-making for program design and proposal development. The RA would also work collaboratively with Business Development team members and stakeholders from Finance, Programs and Services, IT, Partnership, and Senior Leadership Team to conceptualize and develop funding proposals, liaise with internal and external subject matter experts, and identify new, high-value opportunities that match the organization’s goals and mission.
This role offers an exciting and rewarding career in the charitable sector and provides an opportunity to contribute to program design to support and empower Achev’s clients in creating a seamless journey.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with the Director to determine research objectives and assignments.
- Conduct research and data analysis, gathering evidence from critical internal and external sources to support and guide business decision-making. This includes:
- Designing surveys, questionnaires, polls, etc. specific to research requirements
- Synthesizing and analyzing research data to identify trends and recommend areas for innovation and improvement.
- Using data analysis and interpretations to guide and support program design and development.
- Organizing, managing, and maintaining data and files; retrieving, documenting, and creating charts and graphs to present findings as needed.
- Work with internal teams to obtain input for research focus areas to support new program design as an essential component of the proposal development process.
- Support the Director and Proposal Development Officer throughout the funding-proposal development process, from expressing interest and project plans to developing applications, budgets, and other documents (and supporting timely submission of proposals, as needed).
- Support contractual negotiation funding processes by reviewing requests, gathering data, and obtaining and providing information as required.
- Support the ongoing enhancement and maintenance of the proposal development workflow system to efficiently prepare and develop proposal documentation.
- Attend conferences, workshops, information sessions, and special events aligned with Achev’s mission to develop and expand networks and gather and analyze information to support proposal development and future program design.
- Generate formal quarterly and/or interim reports on findings and recommendations based on research and analysis activities.
- A University or associate’s degree in economics, finance, statistics, computer science, or related field of study and/or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive and proven experience in the field of research with at least 2-3 years of experience in data analysis is advantageous.
- Experience leading and conducting research initiatives with 2 - 3 years of experience preparing research, evaluation reports, and recommendations that support proposal development, program design, business decision-making, or other related initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, including proven relationship-building aptitudes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, business professionalism, respect for confidentiality, and appropriate handling of sensitive information required.
- Demonstrated understanding of data analysis and management techniques, including creating, organizing, and sharing research findings through simplified presentations within teams and across the organization.
- Exceptional organization and records management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong Math and statistical skills
- Fully proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to undertake and manage multiple projects and set priorities while working independently
- Willing to work flexible hours (when/as required) to meet challenging proposal submission deadlines.
- Prior experience working in not-for-profit organizations and understand the unique characteristics of various funding sources.
- Prior experience working in a Canadian government agency (either federal, provincial, or municipal).
- Prior proven success in a role in crafting or assisting in business proposals, call for proposal (CFP) or request for proposal (RFP).
We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. So, if you’re excited about this role or another one, please apply on our website www.achev.ca