- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Old Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Since 1913, ehm has been addressing the needs of homeless men, women and youth in the Queen and Bathurst Area. Over the years we have grown from being a traditional “soup kitchen” into a full service agency with multiple programs to meet the growing needs of our community members including:
- housing and shelter, including offering 84 units of low-income housing with a team of tenant support workers;
- food and food security programs such as a daily hot meal program; and
- health and well-being services through EHM’s daily Drop In program, including a dental clinic.
ehm is seeking a highly organized and motivated person to join our dynamic and growing operations and administration team. This role is a core support to all activities as part of the organization’s administration, with a focus on backoffice admin for our 84 units of rent-geared-to-income (RGI) housing. ehm offers a welcoming work environment and the position offers a highly rewarding experience.
This is a great opportunity if you are highly organized and effective individual, able to work independently, you will join an experienced but small team with training and mentoring provided.
You're the ideal candidate if you:
- Are detail oriented and exceptionally well organized
- Can set priorities, develop a work schedule, and track details, data, and activities
- Have a strong knowledge of general office procedures
- Have superior telephone manners and interpersonal skills, with a customer service orientation
- Are able to write simple correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Have a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Are able to maintain basic databases
- Experience working with e-Tapestry or other CRM database is an asset
- Experience in RGI administration a bonus but not required
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain tenant records for 84 Unit apartment building, supervise rent payments, arrears and landlord actions.
- Maintain document records and compliance for RGI administration (training available)
- Administer and maintain inventory for keys, fobs, mailboxes etc. for tenants.
Office Administration and Executive Support
- Assist the Executive Director with preparation and distribution of board package
- Support the management of organizational documents, policies, and minutes
- Office administration tasks as assigned
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from donors, volunteers, partners, and other parties
- Support the planning and implementation of ehm’s direct mail appeals
- Support ehm’s fundraising events e.g. invitations, RSVP management, event preparation and coordination
Receiving and processing donations
- Receive, process, and record donations and donor information in ehm’s donor database
- Issue tax receipts and thank you letters
- Schedule in-kind donation drop-offs
- Generate database reports
Why Work Here?
- You will be joining an award-winning charity. ehm is a GTA Top 100 Employer-nominated agency, a past MoneySense Top 100 charity of choice and Charity Intelligence top 10 charity.
- You will join a legacy of over 100 years of service to marginalized and at-risk individuals.
- ehm is a safe, inclusive place for people from diverse communities, including individuals from the LGBTQ community. ehm is committed to employment and service delivery practices that are free from direct and indirect discrimination, upholding the human rights and dignity of all potential and current employees, clients, residents, donors, and volunteers.
- You will benefit from a strong HR program that promotes a growth mindset, and supports professional development, training, coaching and mentoring.
- ehm is an employee-centred workplace and focus heavily on collaboration, teamwork and strong communication.
- ehm offers competitive compensation, including health & dental benefits, pension plan, three weeks of paid vacation, paid sick days and mental-health days
- ehm is supportive of professional development and re-skilling. Financial support is provided for programs, workshops, courses and certifications such as Certified Fundraising Executive Program (CFRE). [subject to approval]
- This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Most hours occur Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Work Location and Safety
- ehm is an essential service under pandemic related emergency orders and will remain open throughout the pandemic. This position is a critical part of ehm’s business continuity and risk management planning. As an essential worker, you will be working full time on the ehm premises, except where accommodation is required due to required self-isolation.
- ehm has implemented very strong health and safety practices, supplies all staff and volunteers with required PPE, and require all clients, visitors and contractors to comply with preventative measures established by Toronto Public Health.
- We offer generous sick days, robust health and safety policies, and are proud to receive very high ratings for Health and Safety in our employee satisfaction surveys.
- E-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 8, 2021
- ehm seeks to fill this position as soon as the right candidate is available.
- No phone calls or emails, please. We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.