Executive Assistant (Contract), Office of the Registrar
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Old Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) is a leader in health care regulation. As the governing body for more than 10,700 dentists in Ontario, our mission is to act in the public interest by putting patients first. We are committed to transparency, accessibility, openness and fairness in all our work.
Bring your excellent administrative and organizational skills to our team as an Executive Assistant with our Office of the Registrar (OTR) department.
The OTR department ensures that the College meets its mandate of patient protection and putting patients in all the work that we do. They set the College’s strategic priorities, and oversee our regulatory functions and compliance, as well as operations. OTR maintains various stakeholder relationships, including working with the College’s Council and committees and government relations.
We are seeking someone who flourishes within a high-paced, high-profile department. You are extremely organized, with superior administrative skills. You have a keen eye for detail, and are a self-starter that requires minimal direction. You are solutions-focused, have excellent customer orientation and a professional and collegial demeanour. You are reliable, enjoy working closely in a team environment, and display pride of workmanship.
This position is anticipated to be required until October 31, 2022. This job will require you to work remotely until further notice.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, you will:
- Maintaining the Assistant Registrar’s schedule and compiling relevant information for meetings and speaking engagements
- Maintaining and updating the Assistant Registrar’s contacts in Outlook
- Providing administrative support to the Assistant Registrar in relation to projects, and initiatives under their direction such as the strategic plan, among others
- Providing administrative support to the department including, preparation of correspondence and materials as needed, expense processing and coordination of internal and external meetings, including Council
- Communicating by telephone and email with dentists, committee members, internal staff, and legal counsel
- Opening, maintaining, updating and closing files in the Assistant Registrar’s Office
- Processing, sorting and distributing incoming mail/faxes
- Providing other administrative support to the Office of the Registrar, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What skills and background do I need?
The Executive Assistant requires:
- Completion of a two- to three-year community college program
- Six to nine years of extensive position related experience in an executive environment
- Excellent communication skills in a professional manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to manage a busy schedule
- Ability to prepare correspondence and written reports with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle situations with discretion
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes/notes
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Acrobat Adobe
How do I apply?
To apply to this vacancy, please submit your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in this position online at our Careers Webpage located at: https://www.rcdso.org/en-ca/about/careers by October 4, 2021 at 5 pm.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our recruitment process will be conducted remotely.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available upon request under the Ontario Human Rights Code.