Environmental Program Manager
- Job Type
- Contract / Part Time
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Category
About this position
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, External Affairs and Sustainability, the Environmental Program Manager is responsible for the development and execution of key sustainability programs for the organization aimed at driving incremental sales growth and brand reputation for business categories from an environmental perspective.
• Responsible for developing key plans and initiatives in association with government partners to ensure that THD receives the best possible exclusive support from partners – including prime negotiation with utility partners.
• Responsible for working with Government partners in-store to ensure partners understand SOPs, compliance, expectations etc. when working in a THD store. This includes ensuring that recruitment, training and deployment of in-store staff.
• Responsible for development and execution of partnerships with environmental agencies, government agencies, not for profit organization that meet the business goals of the organization. Brings partnerships and programs to key stakeholders and understand value or the organization, gains approvals prior to partnership development.
• Acts as the SME for the organization for all sustainability opportunities and issues that could lead to sales generation within core categories.
• Provide strong, detailed analysis and reporting on program activity, sales trending and projections for any program involving Government and Utility partners. Manages quarterly forecasts for stakeholders for rebate programs & verification programs. Expected to provide program recaps, learning and next steps.
• Acts as event spokesperson as needed/deemed by CCEA team for all environmental programs.
• Acts as SME for stakeholders for “content” needed for sustainability programs throughout the organization. Act as the knowledge base for environmental programs for THD.
• Responsible for partnership with US environmental sustainability team and ensures that a regular partnership exists and that THD Canada leverages learning as necessary.
• Responsible for awareness and management of Eco Options certification process with merchandising, marketing and vendors in-order to leverage within THD marketing components as necessary.
• Ensure that policy, programs and practices are based in THD values
• Responsible for managing reimbursements for rebate programs exceeding $1MM
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent in related field
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience in defined environmental or sustainability roles.
• Solid understanding of government and utility sustainability practices.,
• Solid understanding of issues management policies, practices and principles.
• Experience working cross-functionally specifically with multiple internal and external partners.
• Excellent strategic planning, organizational, problem solving and project management skills
• Ability to adapt efficiently and effectively to a demanding and changing work environment, handle multiple tasks, manage budgets, balance continuous demands, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
• Solid ability to build relationships and facilitate deliverables with senior executive and associates at all levels
• Superior communication skills, including written and verbal, articulate speaker.
• Knowledge and understanding of environment and sustainability issues relevant to retailers
• Bilingual – English and French is a definite asset
• Experience managing budgets, P/L for business
• Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
• Energetic, resourceful, hands-on individual with strong bias for action and customer service
• Strong ethics – a personal reputation for integrity and “above-reproach” ethics.
• 10-15% overnight travel
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.