Coordinator, Corporate Donor Relations (Contract)
- Job Type
- Contract / Full Time
- Job Level
- Toronto, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Coordinator, Corporate Donor Relations
United Way Greater Toronto is looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, strategic Coordinator, Corporate Donor Relations to join our team at our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Donor Relations, the Coordinator, Corporate Donor Relations is responsible for providing project coordination and strategic support for assigned workplace team within the Corporate Donor Relations Department.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with multiple Corporate Donor Relations Managers and Senior Managers to provide year-round support of United Way donors, volunteers and campaigns
- Monitor departmental key dates and proactively coordinate deliverables with CDR Managers/Senior Manager to ensure deadlines are met
- Prioritize the schedule of weekly and monthly tasks and ensure all departmental projects are completed accurately to meet deadlines
- Prepare often complex account, portfolio, or department reports utilizing combination of CRM software, internal and ad-hoc reports, @work and or 3PP reports, to acquire required data in support of workplace managers, department leads, senior executives and senior volunteers, within deadlines
- Create and ensure accuracy of all reports, overviews and correspondence for both internal and external stakeholders
- Reach out to accounts, donors and volunteers; and triage incoming requests to provide support for fundraising and campaign
- Arrange meetings and set up required technology including Zoom, Teams, Webex etc., co-facilitating with CDR Team when needed
- Adhere to records management protocols to maintain accurate files
- Prepare meeting and events packages as required
- In partnership with managers and senior managers, lead some cross-team projects such as prospect research, new business research, processing and ensuring proper disbursement of targeted gifts, supporting on operational processes such as Recanvass calls, transcribing meeting notes, and providing information and assistance for secure transfer of data
- Support departmental goals through efficient and effective customer service with United Way stakeholders
- Be the primary point of contact for cross departmental work with FBMTS
- Use knowledge of multiple reports and data sources, including cross-departmental resources and contacts, to determine how best to resolve internal and external requests and inquiries
- Provide prompt and professional customer service to phone and email inquiries for internal and external stakeholders, responding to inquiries within 24 hours, and often dealing with sensitive or confidential donor information
- Work cross-departmentally and use analytical and problem solving skills to investigate and resolve internal and external requests and inquiries
- Provide strong customer service (external and internal) and ensure compliance with UWGT data-management and privacy practices through application of internal training (Campaign Operations, UnitedWay@work, Easy Secure, etc.)
- Maintain accurate data in support of workplace team and UWGT’s organizational goals
- Be the team lead for data governance and clean up to ensure accurate and timely data in the CRM database
- Amend and update constituent data in CRM software including proactive solicitation of updates from Senior Manager and CDR Managers
- Proactively meet with CDR Managers/Senior Manager on a regular basis to confirm required database updates
- More than 1 year and up to and including 3 years administrative experience in a fast paced, sales/service organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Excel pivot tables and V-lookup as well as experience with PowerPoint and database/CRM software
- Ability to utilize multiple remote meeting and communication platforms including MS Teams, Zoom, Webex and TELUS Business Connect
- Adaptable, with proven organizational skills to manage competing priorities and meet multiple deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Willingness to actively contribute to the organizational equity framework through participation in learning opportunities and implementing anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to develop effective tracking and reporting tools
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven success at identifying, resolving and escalating (where needed) issues
- Excellent attention to detail and proven track record of accuracy
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to interact with a spectrum of constituents including workplace volunteers, internal departments, and donors, at all levels
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills, including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse set of constituents
Please apply no later than December 1, 2023.
We are committed to being transparent about our practices around pay. The salary range for this role will be shared with candidates who are being considered for it.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Learn more about our work at unitedwaygt.org.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.