Addiction Outreach Counsellor
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Orangeville, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The Addiction Outreach Counsellor will provide services to women, including pregnant and parenting, with substance use concerns. In addition, the Counsellor will work with the Dufferin and Caledon community hospitals, agencies, service providers, consumers and families to build capacity and support among existing service providers through the coordination and development of services that addresses women’s addiction concerns with a trauma informed lens
- Provide individual counselling (in person and virtually) including assessment and treatment planning, case management, referrals and group counselling services for women with substance use concerns in collaboration with existing service providers.
- Liaise with community partners to promote seamless and integrated services for women and their children.
- Develop community service providers’ capacity to provide effective supports and interventions to women in relationship to substance use through training and consultation.
- Maintain clinical documentation and data as required.
Community Development Responsibilities:
- Participate in community and service network meetings in order to promote awareness of the program and the service needs of the target population.
- Build linkages between the child welfare system and the substance use / mental health system to support consistent and effective intervention for women, including pregnant and parenting, with substance use concerns.
- Master’s Degree is preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience counselling in the Addictions field using a harm reduction approach.
- Experience providing trauma informed counselling, case management and outreach services.
- Knowledge of Addictions screening tools (i.e. GAINS Q3 MI ON) and databases (i.e. DATIS).
- Experience working with the Child Welfare System and a working knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Community Development project experience.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication, writing, public presentation & speaking skills an asset
- Proficient computer skills
- Compliance with current MCCSS COVID-19 directives
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence (limited public transportation is available)
Hours of Work:
- 35 hours per week. Some evening and week-end work may be required.
The successful candidate will join a compassionate, caring and forward-thinking family of professionals. We provide an attractive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and personal time. As well, we provide flexible work arrangements. As we come out of the pandemic restrictions, our commitment to these practices will only be strengthened.
Our steadfast feminist and family-first approach guides the work we do. We are committed to ensuring that FTP continues to boast strong staff retention and satisfaction through consistent collaboration, communication, skills and culture development opportunities throughout our organization.
Our commitment to our internal agency values of compassion, respect, inclusion, continuous learning and integrity is unwavering, and we are striving to create a culture rooted in inclusiveness. We are committed to unlearning biases and working towards undoing systemic racism and oppression towards, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, 2SLGBTQ+ and all marginalized identities.
We are focused on innovation and enhancement of our services for our clients; we are equally focused on creating a workplace that ‘works’ for our staff. We are deeply proud of the culture we have developed, and the staff who continue to help us shape it. We’d love to have you join us!
Family Transition Place is dedicated to achieving a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your Resume by noon on Friday, Oct. 1, 2021 to: