Project Manager Implementation & Partnerships
- Job Type
- Parental Leave Coverage - Full Time
- Job Level
- Vancouver, BC
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) is a provincially networked organization with a mandate to develop, help implement, and evaluate evidence-based approaches to substance use and addiction. BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to improve the integration of best practices and care across the continuum of substance use through the collaborative development of evidence-based policies, guidelines, and standards. With the support of the Province of BC, BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) aims to transform substance use policies and care by translating research into education and care guidance, thereby serving all British Columbians.
The BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU) seeks to achieve these goals through integrated activities of its three core functions: research and evaluation, education and training, and clinical care guidance.
- Research —Leading an innovative multidisciplinary program of research, monitoring, evaluation and quality improvement activities to guide health system improvements in the area of substance use.
- Education and Training—Strengthening addiction medicine education activities across disciplines, academic institutions and health authorities, and training the next generation of interdisciplinary leaders in addiction medicine.
- Clinical Care Guidance—Developing and helping implement evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, treatment pathways and other practice support documents.
There is an immediate need for a Project Manager who will be responsible for the management of all aspects of activities including public policy initiatives, grant facilitation, overseeing implementation of public health interventions, and building relationships with key stakeholders. The Project Manager is accountable for the development of work plans, communications, and timelines, as well as achieving successful delivery of activities in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help address the opioid overdose crisis through a variety of projects, including the BCCSU’s Provincial Drug Checking Project.
- Manages and oversees relevant projects, from planning and implementation to completion, including workplan development, communications and meetings, management of timelines and resources, management of budget, production of deliverables, and knowledge translation.
- Oversees and supervises project activities including the supervision of project support staff.
- Contributes to the development of funding proposals, manuscripts, research protocols, implementation of research and other public health initiatives and projects, including but not limited to policy research and program evaluation.
- Establishes positive working relationships and partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including regional and national government, healthcare providers, and people who use substances.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Public Health, Public Policy or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years recent, related experience in project management.
- Experience in organizing, coordinating, and managing projects and/or grant-based programs
- Experience in preparing documents, reports, and other communication materials
- Ability to take initiative including independent thinking and creative problem-solving to implement project plans and realize project completion with multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Why Providence Health Care?
- Values-based organization guided by the principle, How you want to be treated.
- Opportunity to grow and expand your nursing career within a collaborative team
- Exposure to a diverse range of patients
- Competitive benefits and salary package including MSP, extended health, municipal pension, work-life balance, flexibility and staff discounts
- Take on new challenges as part of the PHC family
Should you be interested in this exciting oppurtunity please visit http://www.providencehealthcare.org/careers/postings/project-manager-implementation-partnerships or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Description not provided