RAIN Outreach Worker
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Ontario, ON
- Impact Area
- Community & Social Services
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a RAIN Outreach Worker to join our dynamic team of specialists. The RAIN Outreach Worker works with youth who are under housed/homeless, disconnected from family, school/employment and unable to effectively connect and negotiate service from other agencies. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving youth and families and have strong therapeutic skills and child/youth and family engagement skills.
In this Permanent Full-time, Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Provide short-term case management and outreach-based counselling to youth referred from our community partners and programs
- Advocate, refer and assist youth in obtaining instrumental supports when necessary
- Respond to immediate needs of youth and develop strategies related to basic needs (food, clothing, housing), education, employment and employment readiness, substance use issues, mental health challenges, physical health needs
- Develop and maintain strong community partnerships with child and youth services and adult services
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, progress reports, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, evening work will be required
- Regularly transport clients in own vehicle as required
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume via the following link: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp., on or before February 25, 2019.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Social Services or a related field with several years’ experience within the mental health sector and experience working with homeless and at-risk youth
- Membership in the appropriate professional regulatory body under the Psychotherapy Act
- Possess an understanding of mental health challenges experienced by youth and services available within the youth and adult mental health systems in Peel
- Experience and working knowledge of adolescent development, youth engagement strategies for a marginalized population, Case Management, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and a Harm Reduction approach
- Knowledge of the best practices to address the transition from one service system to another
- Experience in negotiating with other services and advocating on behalf of youth
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and provide own transportation, with appropriate liability insurance and evidence of coverage for transporting clients
- Fluency in French or other languages is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,000 - $55,000
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: case management, family services, family therapist, youth engagement, clinician, psychotherapist social work, mental health, child and family counsellor
Organization Description not provided