- Job Type
- Job Level
- Experienced (non manager)
- Yonge and Gerrard, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
1 Year Contract (Maternity Leave)
As Canada’s largest agency serving at-risk, homeless and trafficked youth, Covenant House Toronto changes lives by providing the widest range of services and support to as many as 300 youth a day. A national leader, we educate and advocate for change by influencing public policy and delivering prevention and awareness programs. More than a place to stay, we provide 24/7 crisis shelter and transitional housing on-site and in the community, along with comprehensive services including education, counselling, health care, employment assistance, job training and after-care. To do all this, we rely on donors for more than 80 per cent of our $30.6-million annual operating budget. Our doors are open to youth 16 to 24 regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or the circumstances that have brought them to our doors. Since opening our doors in 1982, Covenant House has served more than 95,000 young people.
This position is responsible for sourcing, initial screening, interviews, full cycle recruitment, training administration and facilitating interviews for prospective employees.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Researching job board websites to ensure sourcing appropriate and sufficient candidates in a cost effective manner
- Research, connect with recruitment agencies
- Create job postings and post jobs on various external job boards and on internal staff portal
- Sources and screen resumes and forward to the hiring manager
- Conduct phone screens, set-up interviews for the hiring manager
- Arrange for candidate testing and monitor testing
- Conduct initial interviews with external applicants and send qualified resumes to the recruiting manager
- Conduct second interviews with recruiting manager/supervisor
- Complete reference checks on successful candidates
- Extends offers of employment to selected candidates and negotiations under the direction of the hiring managers
- Prepare offer of employment letters and onboarding documents for successful candidates
- Meet with new employees to complete new hire paperwork and training and coordinate with IS to obtain ID cards
- Act as coach to hiring managers on recruitment processes, determining job requirements
- Organizes and documents interview notes post-interview. Debrief/feedback with hiring managers. Follow up with unsuccessful candidates.
- Maintain appropriate communication with hiring managers, recruitment agencies, candidates, skill-pool and the community
- Coordinates on-boarding requirements and facilitates effective transition from candidate to employee, including coordinating onboarding meetings and also for placement students. Ensure all policies are signed
- Prepare new staff Orientation training packages for staff training sessions
- Follow up on contract renewals with HR Assistant and process Personal Status Notifications
- Coordinate with welcome committee and supervisors to ensure all new staff are welcome appropriately
- Ensure all student placement documents are received and complete, training and signing policies
- Send out language survey and update on the staff portal
- Maintain monthly recruitment reports
Must have Post-Secondary Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Human Resources Management, CHRP an asset; Strong in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Strong verbal communications, Organization and time management; Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and negotiation skills.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com on or before July 9, 2019.
We thank all applicants however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.
As Canada’s largest agency serving at-risk, homeless and trafficked youth, Covenant House Toronto changes lives by providing the widest range of services and support to as many as 250 youth a day.