Senior Manager of Fundraising
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Job Level
- Markham, ON
- Impact Area
- Impact Category
- Company Type
About this position
Position: Senior Manager of Fundraising
Reports to: President & CEO
Supervises: Regional Development Staff, Eastern Canada
Direct Marketing Manager
- The Senior Manager of Fundraising is a strong, dynamic and focused individual who is responsible for driving significant revenue growth through fundraising strategies.
- Designs, directs and manages a comprehensive, national development program, including but not limited to tele-fundraising and direct mail that will grow the fundraising support in the regions and across the Foundation.
- Responsible for cultivating corporate/foundations, major gifts from individual support as well as developing new revenue streams to support the Foundation’s mandate.
- Develops an overall strategy for fundraising and growth for the Foundation, maximizing revenue for current programs and events and develops and implements new revenue streams including but not limited to corporate support, foundation support, major gifts and online campaigns.
- Develops, directs and implements a national strategy to identify and cultivate new and diversified prospects leading to financial support.
- Cultivates high net worth individuals to support the Foundation’s mandate.
- Manages, coaches and motivates staff to achieve and exceed fundraising targets, ensuring resources are maximized to their full potential.
- Develops, coaches and manages the volunteer strategy for the fundraising departments of the Foundation.
- Work with President and support regional staff, training and mentoring in the area of major gift fundraising.
- Fine tune direct mail strategy with an ultimate goal of increasing our donor base and average gift amount.
- Manage tele-fundraising strategy and program elements.
- Keep abreast of issues related to fundraising in Canada (i.e. Do Not Call list) and develop contingency plans as required.
- Develop and implement on-line fundraising strategy.
- Plans for short-term and long-term growth, ensuring the Foundation delivers on its mandate to support ongoing and new research and education initiatives.
- Participate in budget process, projecting accurate national fundraising revenue and expenses and plans to support the projected targets.
- Accountable to ensure revenue and expense budgets are met/exceeded by the fundraising departments of the Foundation.
- Sets up appropriate monitoring mechanisms to ensure continued success and effectiveness of programs, providing weekly/monthly reports to the President.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma and 5+ years progressive fundraising experience.
- The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge and experience in the not-for-profit/health charity sector with planned giving, major gifts, corporate and foundation support, direct marketing, sponsorship and marketing principles and practices.
- Proven successful experience in cultivating corporate support and major gifts.
- Possesses an excellent understanding of budgets and forecasting.
- Must be a self-starter and a results-driven individual who is focused and motivated to meet/exceed financial targets.
- Demonstrates creativity in fundraising techniques, including social media strategies and online campaigns.
- Highly proficient with CRM donor databases and online fundraising tools.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and relationship builder.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills; capable of networking, building partnerships and closing a deal.
- A high reliable individual with the capacity to work on own initiative.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to travel.
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Fluency in French (written and verbal) is an asset.
The Canadian Liver Foundation’s mandate is to promote liver health and reduce the incidence and impact of liver disease by providing support for research and education into the causes, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of liver disease.